• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

proud of our boys, we were a shot at the post away from taking that game, which is amazing after a first half of god awful defending. Swansea were the better team overall and throughout the season, but the scoreline flattered them and i thought they were nothing special today ( although i know the papers are gunna have a field day tommorow, Swansalona? lol)

Just horrible thats its the 3rd play off finals ive witnessed us fail at, and what made it worse is that the heavens opened up as soon as we left the ground

proud of our boys, we were a shot at the post away from taking that game, which is amazing after a first half of god awful defending. Swansea were the better team overall and throughout the season, but the scoreline flattered them and i thought they were nothing special today ( although i know the papers are gunna have a field day tommorow, Swansalona? lol)

Just horrible thats its the 3rd play off finals ive witnessed us fail at, and what made it worse is that the heavens opened up as soon as we left the ground

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13600395.stm

To me its the right decision, I think if he had stayed another season he would have looked out of his depth like neville this season. In my opinion he is the best english footballer since gazza and you only have to look at how iniesta went straight to get his shirt at wembley to know how he was resepcted overseas.

Nah, he had tactics, his team just didn't have the ball!

well, it was hard to see what they were then, aside from trying to storm them in the first ten minutes, or playing long balls over the top of their midfield.

I posted a while back that if Utd tried to outplay them they'd probably lose and if Utd sat back and tried hitting them on the break they'd probably lose - so fergie needed to find another tactic. I didn't see any evidence of anything of note.

As I said, that shot of fergie with around ten minutes to go showed him as knowing he was beaten (and those gripping hands!). If he felt he had any chance at all he'd have been on his feet urging them on.

It's no shame losing to Barca of course, they're a fantastic team - but it seems that fergie fell for his own worthless guff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13600395.stm

To me its the right decision, I think if he had stayed another season he would have looked out of his depth like neville this season. In my opinion he is the best english footballer since gazza and you only have to look at how iniesta went straight to get his shirt at wembley to know how he was resepcted overseas.

Don't agree mate. Fergie had to talk his team up prior to the game, but he knew full well that he didn't have the players to beat Barca unless they'd had a real off day. The best way to have a chance of beating this Barca side is to spoil the game, like Inter did last season, and hope your luck holds. United don't have the players to do that, and as a neutral hoping to see a good game, I'm glad they didn't try to either. The telling thing to me is that not a single player from united's starting line-up would make the Bacra starting 11. That doesn't make them bad players, just shows how far apart Barca are from every other team on the planet. I dislike the way Barca act as a club, and the diving that they sometimes start, but they are a genuine pleasure to watch.

Don't agree mate. Fergie had to talk his team up prior to the game, but he knew full well that he didn't have the players to beat Barca unless they'd had a real off day. The best way to have a chance of beating this Barca side is to spoil the game, like Inter did last season, and hope your luck holds. United don't have the players to do that, and as a neutral hoping to see a good game, I'm glad they didn't try to either. The telling thing to me is that not a single player from united's starting line-up would make the Bacra starting 11. That doesn't make them bad players, just shows how far apart Barca are from every other team on the planet. I dislike the way Barca act as a club, and the diving that they sometimes start, but they are a genuine pleasure to watch.

I don't disagree with much of that, but all the same fergie said he had something different planned than he did two years ago. Yet there clearly was no plan.

As for "I dislike the way Barca act as a club" (which I do too), it was very very noticable how cleanly played the match was on Saturday by both sides (except Valencia, who probably picked up more fouls himself than everyone else did together) - but that of course comes to mean that how Utd "act as a club" is normally contrived to be dirty to some extent (how much can be argued over I guess).

That's not me saying that other clubs don't do the same, but games like Saturday's get to show how much deliberate dirty tactics, acting and other bollocks goes on normally. And in this case it's Utd that have shown themselves by that change.

As for "I dislike the way Barca act as a club" (which I do too), it was very very noticable how cleanly played the match was on Saturday by both sides (except Valencia, who probably picked up more fouls himself than everyone else did together) - but that of course comes to mean that how Utd "act as a club" is normally contrived to be dirty to some extent (how much can be argued over I guess).

What I was getting at was more about how I dislike the way they behave off the field. They're pretty classless in their off field dealings and I have no doubt another summer of using their players to tap up Cesc is to come. He may well go anyway, but they don't need to be c#nts about it.

What I was getting at was more about how I dislike the way they behave off the field. They're pretty classless in their off field dealings and I have no doubt another summer of using their players to tap up Cesc is to come. He may well go anyway, but they don't need to be c#nts about it.