• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

Id say you're loving this Steve.

Rio Ferdinand:

"Samir Nasri is an excellent player who has a good technique and a huge amount of talent. And he scores goals. For me, he is one of the best players right now. I think he even won the title of best French football player at international level. The French have a history of good players here. Thierry Henry has been fantastic. Just like Cantona. And let's not forget Marcel Desailly."

Arry likes to buy players who have had a hard time at other clubs. He buy's them, makes them feel special again and gets the best out of them. Don't be surprised if Joe Cole turns out to be a huge succes at Spurs. That said, it's still a risky signing although not doomed for failure as some believe.

Rio Ferdinand:

"Samir Nasri is an excellent player who has a good technique and a huge amount of talent. And he scores goals. For me, he is one of the best players right now. I think he even won the title of best French football player at international level. The French have a history of good players here. Thierry Henry has been fantastic. Just like Cantona. And let's not forget Marcel Desailly."

I disagree, I think harry gets starstruck with famous player. He said during the world cup that man for man england had the best squad in the world and I think he truly believes it. If spurs ambitions are to compete with everton, villa, fulham etc for europa league places then maybe it will work. When I look at the spurs squad though they have loads of central midfielders and just dont need him.

Rio Ferdinand:

Would be surprised if there's anything in it Steve. Think most likely is agent trying to feign interest to get higher terms/close to parity with Fabregas.

If he runs down his contract, then possibility we'll be interested (he's a good player), but if he doesn't renew soon, think Wenger will flog him to Italy this summer before the Jan window where he can start to negotiate with other clubs.

To be fair to Evra, his comments were when prompted aswell and probably a bit tongue in cheek, so not entirely convinced it was pure targetting. The journalist has questioned what he thinks of the reported interest, and the answer is pretty general, more about the club than the player; selling it to everyone not just Nasri.

....but the left-back is also surprised by the speculation about his compatriot.

"Really? I didn't know that," Evra told L'Equipe when informed of United's reported interest in Nasri.

"Anyway, if he comes, he has to know there is no room for mistakes. Each year you are playing to win. That is Manchester's culture.

"Each year it is a guarantee of a title. I have been at Manchester for five years now and I can't remember how many trophies I have won. 13? 15?

"So, 'Petit Prince', if you want to become King you know where you have to go."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11661_6951083,00+en-USS_01DBC.html