U2 glasto cancelled official

Guest danbailey80

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if the Wurzels played their B-sides as a headliner - it's Glasto baby!

However there are possibilities for a new headliner. Coldplay, Elbow (perhaps), Chemicals, hoping against hope Kylie isn't considered. Flaming Lips belong on the other stage. They are far too nichey for headlining Pyramid. If you dont believe that previous statement check out the Survey threads.

But i think they will just bump Dizzee up one. It could be the making of him.

Although I was never planning on seeing them (I am not a U2 fan at all) it is a shame for all of those who were looking forward to it.

Plus as much as i like Dizzee, I don't think he is headline material.

You never know the Eavii could pull something out the bag, something totally unexpected!!

Slightly gutted. not a U2 fan but wandered over to Paris last year and saw them with a group of friends .. stuck up in the top of the stadium though and really wanted to see them again 'in the action' - (especially as the company we went with sold them as standing tickets - but thats another story)

My two 'must sees' were U2 and Gaslight Anthem........ guess I'm not having a lucky year

Currently have Stevie, the National and the Wurzels on my list to see- guess I'll be exploring and seeing what happens the rest of the time :P

can petshop boys be put on instead? Solve friday and saturday problems in one go :P

As I said in the other thread, I feel deeply sorry for him and his family, my mum suffered a very simillar injury 10 years ago and was in hospital for nearly 10 weeks. Not a nice situation for anyone to be in. Regardless of your feelings towards the band and the music they play, remember he is a human being as well and no one should have to go through something as horrific as that.

This is a damn shame for all the decent people on here who were into it, wooderson, langdale, tugger and that. I feel for you.

Not my bag, but don't like seeing people like that disappointed, and I'm sorry for you lot.

It'll almost certainly be dizzee stepping up and that's cool, got no problem with that, I won't be there, but I was never going to be.

One final thought, I really hope that 1) the haters shut the f**k up about Dizzee and 2) we'e not going to have four weeks of w*nkers banging on about who is/should replace U2. I've already seen some daft names bandied about. It ain't going to happen, have a cup of tea and come back to reality.

gutted :P was really looking forward to them, can't see anyone who can step in now that would make up for it..for me anyway

Edited by modey

I don't care if the Wurzels played their B-sides as a headliner - it's Glasto baby!

However there are possibilities for a new headliner. Coldplay, Elbow (perhaps), Chemicals, hoping against hope Kylie isn't considered. Flaming Lips belong on the other stage. They are far too nichey for headlining Pyramid. If you dont believe that previous statement check out the Survey threads.

But i think they will just bump Dizzee up one. It could be the making of him.

Firstly, I'd like to wish Bono a fast recovery.

I dream that Plant and Page are holding a telephone conversation as we speak..

Or, put The Flaming Lips on the Pyramid.. Then ask Noel Gallagher to headline the Other stage, with the Crouch End choir & a string section..

Of course, neither will happen :P

This is a damn shame for all the decent people on here who were into it, wooderson, langdale, tugger and that. I feel for you.

Not my bag, but don't like seeing people like that disappointed, and I'm sorry for you lot.

It'll almost certainly be dizzee stepping up and that's cool, got no problem with that, I won't be there, but I was never going to be.

One final thought, I really hope that 1) the haters shut the f**k up about Dizzee and 2) we'e not going to have four weeks of w*nkers banging on about who is/should replace U2. I've already seen some daft names bandied about. It ain't going to happen, have a cup of tea and come back to reality.