U2 glasto cancelled official

Guest danbailey80

This cannot be deemed 'official' until it is said by the festival themselves. On reading the piece on U2's website it says the 360 Tour is cancelled until July 19th. It does not mention Glastonbury.

The US tour would present many difficulties for Bono i.e. long travel etc. Bristol airport is only 1 hour from Dublin and the only hope is that they are keeping this slot open in the hope that he will be ok to perform. It will be 5 weeks from the operation so maybe just maybe there is still a possibility of them performing.

Lets hope!!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as I was looking forward to seeing them, Glastonbury still has the best possible closer :P

http://www.u2.com/news/title/bono-discharged-from-hospital

says

Bono has now been discharged from Ludwig Maximilians-University (LMU) Hospital in Munich where he underwent emergency surgery on Friday, following a back injury. In order to fully recover, he is under doctor's orders to start a rehabilitation program and to recuperate for at least eight weeks.

8 weeks would be July.

Complete Devos

Fair point.

The line up is still fantastic, and U2 were merely one act out of many that I really wanted to see.

Trying to look on the bright side here. Bootlegs it is then (I will try my hardest not to get involved in the tedious debates as to who should replace them and choose from the acts already confirmed).