U2 glasto cancelled official

Guest danbailey80

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is terrible news! :P

U2 were the one act that would have tempted me to Glastonbury this summer (seeing as I'm already going to HRC for Stevie).

Those who are going mainly for them must be devastated.

I really hope Bono gets well soon.

I'd say we already have one headliner confirmed for next year though? :P

The problem is, I can see more criticism being thrown at the Eavises if they're unable to secure another big name to headline the Friday, which I think would be very harsh given the time frame they have. One month exactly.

:P

I bought my tickets last october well before U2 were announced. However as a life long U2 fan I am gutted today to hear they are not headlining. Still the festival like the last 2 years will be an amazing experience so not to worry!!

4 weeks from now the bags will be packed ready to go. Just have to take U2 out of my itunes Glasto 10 playlist now!!

This is a real blow to Eavis,while i'm not a huge U2 fan it was a top class booking,he will have huge problems in replacing them at this late stage,not many bigger than U2,and not many who would be able to do it at such short notice. I hope he does not bump acts up the schedule, very worrying time for them at Glastonbury, this 40 year special is starting to look very limp now.