Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Continue. It'll happen anyway.

I know.

And I know nothing much has changed since yesterday. But we do tend to age a whole decade in a day every so often don't we?

Humans are funny creatures.We think in a strange way, with all our milestones.

Or are they millstones?

I know.

And I know nothing much has changed since yesterday. But we do tend to age a whole decade in a day every so often don't we?

Humans are funny creatures. We think in a strange way, with all our milestones.

Or are they millstones?

I'm not interested in milestones and chapters. Stuff just continiously unfolds. It's like when a significant relationship ends over something specific. You've got to move on so you make changes and look for signs of a new beginning, but it's artificial really. You'll both turn back into the people you were and both be attracted to each other. You'll both have a deep connection. It's like forcing yourself to believe something.

I got confirmation of my pay rise. It was less than I was aiming for but still acceptable in these precarious times. It was also back dated to last year. This means that I have just received a healthy one off payment into my bank. This is what I'm happy about today. Plus the sun is shining.

Nice one.

I have finally found a hairdresser who, unprompted, complimented me on the colour of my hair (copper -orange), agreed that long hair suited me at 52, advised me to keep growing it, when it's already halfway down my back, and understands how to cut my thick, unruly hair, so that it falls in a nice hippy style instead of having to be constantly straightened to tame it.

Mind you, a hairdresser who's actively encouraging a client not to get their hair cut so often - you could take that the wrong way. :laugh:

it's a bittersweet day for me today. My youngest turned 18 today. So that's 32 years of raising children officially over.

What shall I do next?

Don't kid yourself. My youngest, who's 28, is back living with us for the moment and last night was in tears sitting on her bed worrying that her world was going pear shaped again.

And my ex-father in law once said to me when aged 80 that he still sometimes woke up worrying about his kids.

Don't kid yourself. My youngest, who's 28, is back living with us for the moment and last night was in tears sitting on her bed worrying that her world was going pear shaped again.

And my ex-father in law once said to me when aged 80 that he still sometimes woke up worrying about his kids.

That's true. I suppose you never stop being a parent.

I am planning a move towards London and I was discussing it with the kids (youngest 18). I was saying I was looking for somewhere smaller than what I live in now but large enough to offer them a fall back place if they ever need it. I dont ever think that I would not consider the kids first irrespective of their age.

I am planning a move towards London and I was discussing it with the kids (youngest 18). I was saying I was looking for somewhere smaller than what I live in now but large enough to offer them a fall back place if they ever need it. I dont ever think that I would not consider the kids first irrespective of their age.

I know what you mean. Though it was easier to fit them all in our house when they were all living with us. There are 3 separate households with the older kids now.

I have finally found a hairdresser who, unprompted, complimented me on the colour of my hair (copper -orange), agreed that long hair suited me at 52, advised me to keep growing it, when it's already halfway down my back, and understands how to cut my thick, unruly hair, so that it falls in a nice hippy style instead of having to be constantly straightened to tame it.

Nice one. Good find. I've recently gone into my barbers and gone into their new crew cut book. This means that after every 4 cuts I get the 5th free. Really, given the short length I should just cut it myself with the hairclippers I've got. The problem there is that I've never used them since buying them and the instructions are on video tape! It can't be too difficult but I don't want to run the risk of giving myself tram lines or a rather pathetic mohican!

Nice one. Good find. I've recently gone into my barbers and gone into their new crew cut book. This means that after every 4 cuts I get the 5th free. Really, given the short length I should just cut it myself with the hairclippers I've got. The problem there is that I've never used them since buying them and the instructions are on video tape! It can't be too difficult but I don't want to run the risk of giving myself tram lines or a rather pathetic mohican!

My husband shaves his head with the hairclippers, because he's lost his hair in places - but you run the risk of missing some at the back.

And being a neglectful wife, he asks me if it's OK, I say yes absent mindedly without really paying attention, and the women he works with point out the patchy bits.

My husband shaves his head with the hairclippers, because he's lost his hair in places - but you run the risk of missing some at the back.

And being a neglectful wife, he asks me if it's OK, I say yes absent mindedly without really paying attention, and the women he works with point out the patchy bits.

Now that's funny. Having tufts of a differing length that you can't see is just not the way forward.

I was in Ireland once and went into a barbers in Westport. I opened the door, looked at the old bloke cutting a persons hair with scissors and (after thinking to myself that he doesn't even know what an electric hair clippers is) decided to come out with " Do you know what a number two is?". It was only upon finishing the sentence that it occurred to me that he may be thinking - this blokes just walked into my shop and asked me if I know what a shit is. I didn't wait for his response and hurried out of the shop.

The above story assumes you know that a number two is a haircut. As well as a poo.

Now that's funny. Having tufts of a differing length that you can't see is just not the way forward.

I was in Ireland once and went into a barbers in Westport. I opened the door, looked at the old bloke cutting a persons hair with scissors and (after thinking to myself that he doesn't even know what an electric hair clippers is) decided to come out with " Do you know what a number two is?". It was only upon finishing the sentence that it occurred to me that he may be thinking - this blokes just walked into my shop and asked me if I know what a shit is. I didn't wait for his response and hurried out of the shop.

The above story assumes you know that a number two is a haircut. As well as a poo.

:lol:

yes did know it was a hair cut - can remember vaguely my boys having a 'number ? with a number ? on top' back in the day, it was all the rage.

I spent years doing my own hair with clippers and then a few years back they packed in. I went to a barber near by and then just kept going back. He was an old Italian bloke and you would have a real laugh and he only ever charged 4 quid. However he has decided to be inconsiderate and die. There is no way I am off to the trendy Jamaican barber and paying 8 quid for a short back and sides.

I spent years doing my own hair with clippers and then a few years back they packed in. I went to a barber near by and then just kept going back. He was an old Italian bloke and you would have a real laugh and he only ever charged 4 quid. However he has decided to be inconsiderate and die. There is no way I am off to the trendy Jamaican barber and paying 8 quid for a short back and sides.

I found my hairdresser when they enticed me back with a half price offer - so only £25 this time.

I know what you mean. Though it was easier to fit them all in our house when they were all living with us. There are 3 separate households with the older kids now.

At least the kids are beginning to realise that eventually I will be moving on rather than living in a big house on my own. When my eldest moved out to go to uni I asked him to box up the stuff he was leaving behind and throw anything he did not want. I have the smallest bedroom in the house and I wanted more space and I was going to make mine in to a guest room. My lad took real offence over this, to the point of telling people that I had kicked him out. He even said this to me when he visited at Christmas and I was really hurt. However a bit ago I was discussing my plans and I said I wanted a place for everyone to live at mine after they finish uni etc. Just as a fall back but I know the benefits and work situation for graduates in the more non descript subjects and I know he may need some help even though he will be 24+. Also I want a bit of space for grandkids ;-)lol

At least the kids are beginning to realise that eventually I will be moving on rather than living in a big house on my own. When my eldest moved out to go to uni I asked him to box up the stuff he was leaving behind and throw anything he did not want. I have the smallest bedroom in the house and I wanted more space and I was going to make mine in to a guest room. My lad took real offence over this, to the point of telling people that I had kicked him out. He even said this to me when he visited at Christmas and I was really hurt. However a bit ago I was discussing my plans and I said I wanted a place for everyone to live at mine after they finish uni etc. Just as a fall back but I know the benefits and work situation for graduates in the more non descript subjects and I know he may need some help even though he will be 24+. Also I want a bit of space for grandkids ;-)lol

I had the same kind of thing happen. When one of my sons left home to live in London, we moved our other son into his bedroom because we had to make space for another son who was moving back in with his girlfriend. It didn't go down well, but I think, several years later, he's emotionally moved out now as well as physically. He's 29 now, so pretty independent.

We've still got loads of overspill from all 3 kids living away though - they've all said to chuck it, but I haven't the heart.