Could Noel Gallagher headline Jazzwork or Acoustic

Guest Dunney77

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sunset slot on the Sunday if he plays anything like this, Royal Albert Hall last night.

* It's Good To Be Free

* Talk Tonight

* Fade Away

* Cast No Shadow

* Half The World Away

* Don't Go Away

* The Importance of Being Idle

* Listen Up

* Sad Song

* Wonderwall

* Rockin' Chair

* Slide Away

* Digsy's Dinner

* Whatever

* The Masterplan

* Married With Children

* Don't Look Back In Anger

Sunset slot on the Sunday if he plays anything like this, Royal Albert Hall last night.

* Talk Tonight

* Fade Away

* Cast No Shadow

* Half The World Away

* Sad Song

* Slide Away

* Whatever

* Married With Children

* The Masterplan

My sister saw a Liam-free Oasis show in Dublin before. Said it was great. Don't think it was too unlike this b-side heavy setlist to be honest. I've seen them perform "Fade Away" and "Its Good to be Free" before. Great little songs. Pity that Oasis got consumed by knuckledraggers. They have an earnestness to some of the songs that is really quite touching.

- - -

Although Noel is clearly the musical talent in the band, he has a world-weariness to his voice that never would have carried the band to the heights they reached. His brother's soaring vocals were key to their success.

Say what you like bout Liam but the kid could sing. Noel is an average guitar player and singer.

You guys are right about the pondlife, I got offered a fight at Finsbury Park in 2002 when someone trod on me and then took offence.

For me one of the things that does mark Oasis out above run of the mill indie bands is the quality of their b-sides. You look at that setlist with 10 songs which never made it onto an album - not many bands could do that.

An acoustic set like that from Noel would be great at Glastonbury, hard to see it happening this year though.

Guest musiclove123
You guys are right about the pondlife, I got offered a fight at Finsbury Park in 2002 when someone trod on me and then took offence.

For me one of the things that does mark Oasis out above run of the mill indie bands is the quality of their b-sides. You look at that setlist with 10 songs which never made it onto an album - not many bands could do that.

An acoustic set like that from Noel would be great at Glastonbury, hard to see it happening this year though.

Seen the setlist and as ace as it is, I'm disappointed that he didn't pull something out the bag. The setlist had hardly changed since I saw him at the Little Noise gig at Islington Chapel from 2006.

I love the geezer but he can be so predictable at times, god forbid he plays anything new before it being released or even changing a setlist (the tour last year had practically the same songs from start to finish all the way through). If he played I'd probably give him a miss unless he had new stuff to play.

And I wish he'd hurry up and release a proper version of that Stop the Clocks!

Anyone think he might be too big for the acustic tent or Jazz world. Oasis love them or loathe them always attracted a huge audience. If Noel play the acustic tent I imagine ther would bee too much demand. Prob better on the other stage headlining that in my opinion