MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest mike99

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at 'Slippery Dick's' bar with remnants of eFests Gay Boogie Meet dancing away with AngelofHarlem when someone told me it was true. :blink:

Didn't believe it at first then was confirmed by several others and got text confirming it too ! ;)

Was walking back from the dance village after east 17, some guy from liverpool told us that Michael Jackson had died of a heart atack. Given that im always told a celeb dies at glasto I thought he was joking but unfortunly with his accent it made it sound like art attack so que lots of memories of Neil Buchananen.

Found out properly when a few texts came through and felt a bit guilty about not beliving him.

Mad Dog McRae in Avaoln Cafe about 10pm Thursday night - think they announced it in some shape, assumed it was idle rumour a la annual Cliff demise rumours. Then Hobo Jones also announced it so took it as true (plus randoms behind me confirming it).

Don't think I heard a Jacko cover all weekend though. Just the reggae stall pumping out Jacko hits Saturday evening.

Watching East-17 in the Dance Lounge, mate of mine got a text from someone who was not at the festival, then a girl walked past us saying to her mate about it on the phone....knew it was true that quickly.

We knew pretty quickly as well - apprently news reports only came through at 10.30pm and we knew by 10.45pm - shows how you are never cut off from the "real world" these days even when at a festival.

Mad Dog McRae in Avaoln Cafe about 10pm Thursday night - think they announced it in some shape, assumed it was idle rumour a la annual Cliff demise rumours. Then Hobo Jones also announced it so took it as true (plus randoms behind me confirming it).

Don't think I heard a Jacko cover all weekend though. Just the reggae stall pumping out Jacko hits Saturday evening.

Edited by Staberinde

Looking at forum posts, news reports started just after 9pm that he had had a heart attack, and were rumouring that he had died by 9:48pm, which was confirmed by 10pm.

I can't remember exactly where I was, we were on the Singles/Gay meet and had got on the monorail on route from the Cider Bus to Trash City (the Circus Fields route) so I must have been somewhere in the Circus Fields when Luscious Lucy received a text.

At first I believed her, but, when someone suggested we start a rumour about Tom Cruise dying, I thought it must have been an EFestivals wind-up, and even told a few people it was a piss-take after Lucy had told them MJ had died.

On route down to I saw more and more people who were saying "Has MJ died?" and realised it was true.

I was at the queens head had been watching kap bambino (who was awesome) waiting for metronomy i left the queens head to get some air and have a wee I turned my phone on so my mates could call me after thee set and we could all meet up. at that point I got a text from my brother and also a friend who sent me a joke about it which pretty much confirmed it'd happened.

Didn't know at night as we were all sitting around our campfire by 930 drinking rum! Woke up at 6am to find 6 texts on my mobile when I switched it on all saying MJ dead and one from my niece in Australia who usually goes to Glastonbury saying, "Di it's not the Glasto rumour it's true"

I was up at our camp in the Mead when I got a text from a festival friend who couldn't make it to Glasto. Of course with him being a festy person, and a bit of a japester I immediately thought hahaha funny! I texted my son at home cos I knew he'd be on the computer and asked if there was any news about MJ, didn't mention heart attack or death, and he texted back that he had died of a heart attack so that pretty much confirmed it for me. As our group came back I told them and they all scoffed at the 'festy rumour' too :P Took some work to convince them but it was soon confirmed. Some scouse lass grumped past us saying that she was going to have been one of his dancers ;)

I was also watching East 17 we heard he about it when it was unconfirmed that he was dead just a heart attack, so when they sang alright we were singing "Jacko Jacko everythings gonna be alright" then after that found out it was dead and started telling people but they didnt believe us so had to show them the news on my phone to get people to finally believe.

We were sitting outside our tents having a few cans,many many announcments from tents all round us, at first we though it a joke,untill the text messages started coming through. Have no feelings on it at all,never rated him,bit of a tosser if you ask me.

coming back from trashcity about midnight-1am on Thursday - completly didnt believe it for about 1-2 hours, when my friends text me. (who werent at glasto)

Edited by Rachie

Didn't hear it until Fri morning wandering about, then a mate got a text, and another, then the text jokes started, then we went to the Cabaret tent for the Early Edition and they confirmed it.

Odd. Don't really care TBH was never a huge fan and let's be honest, one less paedo in the world is a good thing. And before everyone starts with "it was never proven" and "he was the king of pop" let me just say there's no smoke without fire and you won't change my opinion, so don't waste your time.