Thefts

Guest emzzzzz13

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep loads in our field at . some bloke opened my tent at 2:30am wednesday night and asked if I wanted to buy weed, I told him to go away and he told me not to be so rude, fooking cheek. He also opened up a few other tents and one bloke had £250 and a camera nicked. He came back again the next night apparently.

I wished I had of shouted thief at the top of my voice had I been abit more compus mentus, I think campsite crew said 50 reported thefts that night or something in our field

A girl next door to us was robbed, her bag was taken while she slept with it at her head the thief only got away with £20, more traumatic than anything else.

Somebody came into are tent that night and my GF problem promptly shouted at them, they mumbled somthing about being in the wrong tent but they where blatantly looking for stuff to knick and shouted "f**k off" after they left, i'd stupidly left my camera in the porch as well lucky it was taken.

W*nkers :)

Edited by HenrysCat

Somebody went into my girlfriends tent on Thursday night and promptly announced himself as a theif and was told in no uncertain terms to eff off. I wasn't exactly happy to hear about this when she was in a tent by herself and i was 250 miles away! :) Nothing taken though as far as I know, unlike last year when I had £150 taken!

Edited by cdm22

a guy from preston we met said he had £200 robbed out of his shorts, he found the shorts behind one of our tents and the next night one of the girls heard some welsh lads talking about it and they were camped in between us and the preston lads.. trouble was there was at least 20 of them so i didnt want to tackle them... i did tell a security guy who was most unhelpful as he said it wasn't my stuff that was robbed,

this all happened on michaels mead

thieving pikeys!!!!

First year I haven't had anything stolen. I was part of a large group on park home (under the orange windsock). I think that lack of stealing was more to do with people being up all night outside our tents.

Sorry to hear about everyone who got stuff stolen.

We put our cash in the lockups and went and picked up a bit each day.

Seemed to be quite a few thefts in the dairy field area on thursday night/friday morning with 8-9 tents targeted. One couple were really upset as they had been saving to come to glastonbury but had £200 and all their cards taken on their first night there. My mate also had a wallet taken out of his tent whilst sleeping.

Police were very helpful but said that due to parking problems on wed/thursday a lot of security resources had been devoted to traffic management which meant there were few patrols of the campsite. Also having the photo and address on the ticket was a problem as if your ticket got nicked it was easy to use the info for identity theft - maybe something for the organisers to look at next year.

I woke up to find someone having a look through my stuff about 3am thursday morning. when the bloke realized I had woke he said he was looking for steve. I gave him a few 4 letter words turns out the tent (which was in no way simular to mine) next to mine was also raided by someone looking for steve again they were told to go away! this was in the big fields.

i was woke up by what i thought was a disagreement on friday night so dismissed it and went back to sleep. saturday morning im speaking to a few of the neighbours, they had come back only to find someone rooting through their stuff. this prompted a spare tent pole (old style metal one) being used to smash the little runt up. after dishing own their own punishment they took him to security and he was evicted from the site.

Fair play to them.

We had nothing robbed, but did get back to my tent around 6am on Friday to find someone sleeping on a chair on the Gazebo.

He was out for the count and it had just started pissing it down, so I covered him with a poncho, and wandered down to Joe Banana's to buy a blanket for him.

When the poor guy woke up a couple of hours later, he'd not been able to find his tent.

i was woke up by what i thought was a disagreement on friday night so dismissed it and went back to sleep. saturday morning im speaking to a few of the neighbours, they had come back only to find someone rooting through their stuff. this prompted a spare tent pole (old style metal one) being used to smash the little runt up. after dishing own their own punishment they took him to security and he was evicted from the site.

Fair play to them.

We had nothing robbed, but did get back to my tent around 6am on Friday to find someone sleeping on a chair on the Gazebo.

He was out for the count and it had just started pissing it down, so I covered him with a poncho, and wandered down to Joe Banana's to buy a blanket for him.

When the poor guy woke up a couple of hours later, he'd not been able to find his tent.

I expect that the thefts only affected a minority of people, but if it was you then it would certainly be a big deal. You're supposed to see the good in people, and wish to meet folks like FunkyDenz all the time, but the fact is that there are a load shisters out there only looking out for themselves.

For the record, I was in the over-flow site and didn't have anything nicked.

Apart from the trolleys, was most of the thieving to form? On the first couple of days?

In 14 years the only thing I ever had nicked was a small radio, that I left taped to a tentpole in 2000 -still switched on.....calling out to the robbing gits.....:-( I think I have been lucky so far.....

I have to say that it puzzles me why, even post-fence - scum will pay the best part of £200 to go and nick torches, chairs etc - the opportunist type pick-it-up-thefts. Its still a crime, and they do occasionally get caught. Last year a bloke ran past us at speed about 1am. He was going full tilt, down the hill from the acoustic stage towards the Circus. When he stumbled and fell over, having had to dodge a couple coming out of the cafe there, the security guy following him sat on him after first "making sure" he was staying down - and the shrill "he's got my f*&^%ng chair" angry shouty woman who followed gave him a righ boot. Everyone around gave some some real verbal for being an arse....and the police arrived to drag him off.

All over a chair he thought he could just take whilst no one looked. AND...he was no daft little kid - mid/late thirties, old enough to know better.

They are callous, arses with no sense of community. Taking a bag in the hope of some spare cash - it also would probably have the means of replacing the cash, and quite possibly car keys as well......they don't care they leave someone without money, easy means of replacement and possible stranded hundred of miles away - total nightmare for someone, just becuase your too lazy/stupid to earn ££ in your own right...........grrrrrrr

That said - it never ceases to amaze me why, at a festival with numerous, free lock ups, and a decent ATM service, anyone would leave £200 or more in one bag/wallet.

Not to excuse theft - because its the work ot tw@ts - but a few simple, easy to do precautions would avoid so many troubles.

Last I talked to a guy who had over £300 in his pockets, even though he also had his debit card, and was camping on thye North side. He was therefore in easy ( 5 minutes ) walk from the ATM's - which had no queue at all at less obvious times. Lucky from him, when it was nicked (whilst he was in a near coma, alseep in full view of everyone outside his tent @ about 4pm) he was down to £50, and he found the wallet (inc cards!!) round the back of his tent.

Same with the lockups - people moan they are too busy, or its " a long walk" - but its a 5 or 10 minute wait - just have a brew. The your bag is 100% safe - or as good as.

For the first time in 10 Glasto's we - as in my son - were robbed.

Stupidly (and he knows it) he had left his wallet in his trousers on his tent floor. At least they only took the money - £70 - and left the wallet, cards...

7 or 8 of the tents in our party were clearly entered the same, Wednesday, night - flaps open etc. Two entrances in my tent were both open, my trousers disturbed and for some strange reason my hat had found it's way to my son's tent!

BUT - Have you tried to report a crime?

My son reported it to Campsite Crew. Later in the day I asked whether reports to Campsite Crew were passed on to the police, and the reponse was 'No'.

So i took it upon myself to make an official report. WHAT A BLOODY PALARVER.

To cut the story short the Police Reporting station is up at the the furthest northerly farm reaches of the site.

Why oh why is there not at least a reporting station somewhere in the centre of the site?????????

I will not trust the crime figures one bit.

I lost a shoe... but I think I dropped it somewhere...

Otherwise... how do you get a wallet stolen from your tent when you're there? It's night... tents aren't THAT big... hide it in a safe place? How wasted do you have to be to not notice?