Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Series one was a hugely entertaining romp ; there a couple of huge flaws in it that if you can overlook, you'll probably enjoy it more. The last couple were probably the best, it kinda hit a crescendo.

I've not seen the new one (forgot it was on) so I'll probably wait until all four have been shown and watch them in a marathon.

I read that Idris is in discussions with Quentin Tarantino for some kind of remake / homeage to Django. Brilliant.

It's currently between the guy that played Omar Little, Will Smith & Idris and apparently the studio is pushing for Will Smith and I really hope he doesn't get it as I wouldn't be able to take it seriously with Wild Wild West popping in my head all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else caught the latest Spielberg production "Falling Skies". I know it was only the first episode but I am not that impressed.

It was...ok. Not fantastic, but I'll give it time. I can see it being a bit like The Event last year, start watching it and waiting for something decent to happen, then nothing decent happened so I gave up on it.

new series of breaking bad starts in the states Sunday

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

Ted Danson's joining CSI.

LINK

Saw this earlier, not too sure about it, not as excited as when fishbourne joined but I will see how he does. Hoping they can get someone in permanently rather than changing it every couple of seasons

Started to watch the Killing on 4 last night. It didn't really grab me but I will give it a go later.

the danish original? or the american remake?

I cant speak for the american one because I havent seen any of it, but the danish one was outstandingly good.

The Kennedys.

Much better than I thought it was going to be. The historical stuff is obviously much better than some of the frivolous nonsense. Particularly enjoyed last week's episode about the Cuban Missle Crisis.

It must have improved as it went on. Only managed about half the first one before i had to switch off. The dialogue was horrible.

Isn't that the little boy from Batman Begins? The one who talks to Batman when he's climbing a wall and then he gets stuck in the slums when the fear gas goes off?

Just checked his IMDB and he did indeed play "little boy" in Batman Begins. Good spot!

• 2 weeks later...

New series of Curb Your Enthusiasm is showing in the US. Three episodes in, VERY funny. Last Sundays was the best so far. "Palestinian Chicken". Really good social commentary on the Palestine/Israel thing.

Also watched the rest of season 7 of the Office. The Will Ferrell episodes are genius although they have jumped the shark a bit.

Edited by The Nal

New series of Curb Your Enthusiasm is showing in the US. Three episodes in, VERY funny. Last Sundays was the best so far. "Palestinian Chicken". Really good social commentary on the Palestine/Israel thing.

I've not watched S08 E03 yet, but E01 - E02 were very very good. The scene with LD reading the instructions to the girl scout was probably one of the funniest scenes in the whole series.

I've not watched S08 E03 yet, but E01 - E02 were very very good. The scene with LD reading the instructions to the girl scout was probably one of the funniest scenes in the whole series.

Yeah it was total genius. One of those relentless scenes where he doesn't let you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bilaSB_tAE

I've not watched S08 E03 yet

Its available from the usual sources.

Edited by The Nal

Its available from the usual sources.

I have it, I just haven't watched it yet. Saving myself.

In fact for most of my favoured television from the usual sources I like to build up two at a time, and then watch then back to back.

Apart from Breaking Bad. Couldn't resist watching the first episode of the new series of that.