Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Utterly brilliant. Just gets better and better. I mean Capone, Lucky Luciano, Mier Lansky, Rothstein and Omar? Please ....

I've only seen the first episode where they give a 2 second prick tease that Omar is in it. Excited about what he will bring to the show (don't know or care what his real name is, whatever it is he should just change it to Omar)

Omar isn't in Boardwalk Empire for that much. A few fairly pivotal scenes, and comes into it a bit more towrards the end. Criminally underused, but there are some excellent actors on there. The guy who plays Nelson, the FBI agent is superb.

Is it any good? It's got the fella out of Deadwood in it, right?

I haven't started it yet, but I read some good reviews about it. I'm most probably gonna buy season 1

There's also Shane from the Shield in it.

my mate really recommends "Zen" might download and watch ep1 tonight. anyone seen it?

Need to get around to watching this too. My dad recommends the books so hopefully they havent f**ked them up too much

Has anyone seen The Cape yet?

Watched the first two. Wasn't exactly blown away with it but was ok enough. I'll keep watching to see if it grabs me tho. Summer Glau tho :wub:

Need to get around to watching this too. My dad recommends the books so hopefully they havent f**ked them up too much

Watched the first two. Wasn't exactly blown away with it but was ok enough. I'll keep watching to see if it grabs me tho. Summer Glau tho :wub:

That's pretty much the reason why I want to watch it.

Watched 10 O'Clock Live last night, what a load of shit.

Lauren Laverne doesn't do anything, Jimmy Carr isn't funny (love how the live audience barely laugh at him) but David Mitchell & Charlie Brooker are fairly entertaining and there is not enough time for the discussions to happen.

Watched 10 O'Clock Live last night, what a load of shit.

Lauren Laverne doesn't do anything, Jimmy Carr isn't funny (love how the live audience barely laugh at him) but David Mitchell & Charlie Brooker are fairly entertaining and there is not enough time for the discussions to happen.

i watched until question time. what a load of bollocks! the jimmy carr bit was just like something off of the friday night project, but worse. and the david mitchell banker bit was a rabble with guests that nobody knows. he was trying to make it about him which shouldn't be the case i don't think.

question time needn't be worried.

i watched until question time. what a load of bollocks! the jimmy carr bit was just like something off of the friday night project, but worse. and the david mitchell banker bit was a rabble with guests that nobody knows. he was trying to make it about him which shouldn't be the case i don't think.

question time needn't be worried.

It's not trying to be Question Time though, it's meant to be a comedy discussion show so more in common with say Have I Got News For You which I would actually prefer but Jimmy Carr completely kills the show whenever he's on and the Palin piece was crap as it wasn't funny or tell me anything I didn't already know.

It's not trying to be Question Time though, it's meant to be a comedy discussion show so more in common with say Have I Got News For You which I would actually prefer but Jimmy Carr completely kills the show whenever he's on and the Palin piece was crap as it wasn't funny or tell me anything I didn't already know.

yeah i know it's not trying to be.

but it's on at the same time so i imagine it's trying to take some of the younger viewers. and it's somewhere inbetween hignfy and question time. which just doesn't work. if you've got guests on, let them speak. don't try and shout over them to get a cheap laugh cos it just makes you sound like a dick.

i thought 10 o'clock live was ok. i liked the bits with david mitchell and charlie brooker. lauren laverne was pointless, she's not the slightest bit funny and her presenting was shit. jimmy carr was a bit crap aswell. he just wasn't funny.

i think it would have been better without the silly bits about tunisia and sarah palin.

it could be really good if it was just charlie brooker and david mitchell, discussing the news and speaking to a few guests.

i thought 10 o'clock live was ok. i liked the bits with david mitchell and charlie brooker. lauren laverne was pointless, she's not the slightest bit funny and her presenting was shit. jimmy carr was a bit crap aswell. he just wasn't funny.

i think it would have been better without the silly bits about tunisia and sarah palin.

it could be really good if it was just charlie brooker and david mitchell, discussing the news and speaking to a few guests.

Pretty much my thinking on it.

And it doesn't need to be live either. Just record it a few hours earlier like The Daily Show and Colbert do

I'd prefer it if it was live, if it was prerecorded they may be tempted to add a laugh track after Jimmy Carr's jokes and the only bits with him I like is when he stands around gormlessly and realises only 2 people in the crowd are laughing.

Edited by jump

And it doesn't need to be live either. Just record it a few hours earlier like The Daily Show and Colbert do

yes it does. mitchell explained this on graham norton. politicians and the like aren't going to come onto a pre-recorded show incase you edit it in a way they don't agree with.