Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Thought the Keith Richards documentary last night was really poor. Skimmed along the surface for an hour but didn’t go anywhere. Massive missed opportunity. Very weak. :(

I thought it was a bit of fun, but you are right, it was very superficial, and I tend to expect a little better from the Culture Show team.

I thought it was a bit of fun, but you are right, it was very superficial, and I tend to expect a little better from the Culture Show team.

It was a little bit of fun yeah, but this is Keith Richards we’re talking about! There was nothing interesting in there at all really apart from some old footage that’s on youtube already. The Stones story is the most interesting in rock and roll in my opinion, and they brushed over it massively. The bit at the end was a slap in the face when they got some nobody to say how amazing it was that the Stones were still together after all they’ve been through, relationships, tours, drugs, deaths etc. Well talk about it then! Don’t just gloss over it with a quick clip and a one liner. Its an hour long show!!

Still going to buy his book though.

It was a little bit of fun yeah, but this is Keith Richards we’re talking about! There was nothing interesting in there at all really apart from some old footage that’s on youtube already. The Stones story is the most interesting in rock and roll in my opinion, and they brushed over it massively. The bit at the end was a slap in the face when they got some nobody to say how amazing it was that the Stones were still together after all they’ve been through, relationships, tours, drugs, deaths etc. Well talk about it then! Don’t just gloss over it with a quick clip and a one liner. Its an hour long show!!

I read the serialisation in the Times, it took up most of the Saturday magazine. On the basis of that, I don't think I'll bother. I'm not a huge fan of rock star biographies to be honest. I've not even read the Dylan one, and that's meant to be the nads.

In fact, the only one I've ever really enjoyed was The Dirt Motley Crue one. That was brilliant because it was just sooooo extreme. My favourite bit was when Nikki Sixx was declared dead after an overdose, only to recover and discharged himself from hospital. He went home and turned on MTV to see the news reporting that he was dead. So he re-recorded his answer phone message to say "Hi, this is Nikki, I'm afraid that I have died and won't be able to return your call until the next life"

I read the serialisation in the Times, it took up most of the Saturday magazine. On the basis of that, I don't think I'll bother. I'm not a huge fan of rock star biographies to be honest. I've not even read the Dylan one, and that's meant to be the nads.

In fact, the only one I've ever really enjoyed was The Dirt Motley Crue one. That was brilliant because it was just sooooo extreme. My favourite bit was when Nikki Sixx was declared dead after an overdose, only to recover and discharged himself from hospital. He went home and turned on MTV to see the news reporting that he was dead. So he re-recorded his answer phone message to say "Hi, this is Nikki, I'm afraid that I have died and won't be able to return your call until the next life"

Really? What didn’t you like about it?

I’ve read some great rock star bios and auto bios. All these are worth a read in my opinion.

Hammer of the Gods – Led Zeppelin

Cash by Johnny Cash

No One Gets out Alive – Jim Morrison

Dino: Living High in the Dirty Business of Dreams Dean Martin

Many Years from Now – Paul McCartney

Rat Pack Confidential

f**k it, I forget how many more I have, Ill post later when I get home.

You have read Chronicles? You of all people?! :blink::O

Really? What didn’t you like about it?

I’ve read some great rock star bios and auto bios. All these are worth a read in my opinion.

Hammer of the Gods – Led Zeppelin

Cash by Johnny Cash

No One Gets out Alive – Jim Morrison

Dino: Living High in the Dirty Business of Dreams Dean Martin

Many Years from Now – Paul McCartney

Rat Pack Confidential

f**k it, I forget how many more I have, Ill post later when I get home.

You have read Chronicles? You of all people?! :blink::O

I've read Hammer of the Gods, and wasn't that fussed about it. Ditto No one Gets out Alive. Dunno why, but the medium doesn't work for me. I didn't particularly like the Lennon one I read either, by his first wife.

They all seem band gets together, a few amusing anecdotes, band splinters, someone dies or they get back together years later. Dull.

I suppose I should give Chronicles a go, but I've got a stack of books to get through at the moment, and something else always comes up.

The Richards serialisation in the paper just seemed to focus on the stories that we all already know. I suspect the rest of the book won't be that much better, given that he's probably just gone through other Stones books and added what he can remember ;)

Edited by sifimaster

I've read Hammer of the Gods, and wasn't that fussed about it. Ditto No one Gets out Alive. Dunno why, but the medium doesn't work for me. I didn't particularly like the Lennon one I read either, by his first wife.

They all seem band gets together, a few amusing anecdotes, band splinters, someone dies or they get back together years later. Dull.

I suppose I should give Chronicles a go, but I've got a stack of books to get through at the moment, and something else always comes up.

The Richards serialisation in the paper just seemed to focus on the stories that we all already know. I suspect the rest of the book won't be that much better, given that he's probably just gone through other Stones books and added what he can remember ;)

May give it the skip so. I hear Keith Richards: The Biography by Victor Bockris is the definitive anyway.

Regarding Chronicles, its a meandering read. A very strange autobiography.

A veritable treat for me the neet... its BBC2 all the way starting with Coast, which is a very well made show which always has plenty of interesting things in it--and great scenery.

Then its the Final of MasterChef... which has regulary made me cry!

Yes, it has... that shaking lump of lard from round here has done fantastically well and his genuine enthusiasm and naivety has been a joy to watch..it really has had nme bubbling...and i`ve actually bothered me arse to write him a letter expressing my good wishes to him and sent it to his hotel.

Dont think he`ll win mind cos that Slim Scouser lassie is proper good like.

Then..it is the last installment of WHITES which I`ve found rather amusing.

The lassie out of IT Crowd is getting some work over on the Beeb.

She is no Alys Fowler... but has got the pre-requisite for me... so thats fine.

After that it will be the usual Family Guy.... oooo I do so love Peter G.

den

still game is back on tonight! lets hope it's not a disappointment!

Still game?! never even heard of it, what channel was it on?!

A veritable treat for me the neet... its BBC2 all the way starting with Coast, which is a very well made show which always has plenty of interesting things in it--and great scenery.

Then its the Final of MasterChef... which has regulary made me cry!

Yes, it has... that shaking lump of lard from round here has done fantastically well and his genuine enthusiasm and naivety has been a joy to watch..it really has had nme bubbling...and i`ve actually bothered me arse to write him a letter expressing my good wishes to him and sent it to his hotel.

Dont think he`ll win mind cos that Slim Scouser lassie is proper good like.

Then..it is the last installment of WHITES which I`ve found rather amusing.

The lassie out of IT Crowd is getting some work over on the Beeb.

She is no Alys Fowler... but has got the pre-requisite for me... so thats fine.

After that it will be the usual Family Guy.... oooo I do so love Peter G.

den

Used to really like family g - but the latest episodes just weren't that great IMO - still good but not a touch on the older ones , kinda like how Scrubs went

• 2 weeks later...

The Trip.

I suspect it probably divides opinion but I love it! Coogan is totally playing up to his tabloid persona.

I love it too - though i haven't seen last nights yet. I usually hate Coogan and think he's a bit of a twat. But the comic tragedy comes through brilliantly, and Rob Brydon is excellent too.