Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Forbrydelsen - or "The Killing" was superb to the end, theres a rather gushing piece in the guardian today about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/mar/31/the-killing-danish-sarah-lund?INTCMP=SRCH

Finished it couple of days ago. Did chuckle to myself a few times in the early episodes where any significant clue emanated those 3 piano notes, like some spider senses tingling special power drawing Lund there :P, but overall excellent.

Be interesting how the 2nd season holds up.

we are up to episode 7 of 8 of "Spiral" season 1. its the "gritty" french drama I mentioned a while back that Brooker recommended. season 3 is now filling the gap left behind by The Killing on saturday nights.

f**k me - gritty aint the half of it. every episode is like "Se7en"

oh, nearly forgot to mention Audrey Fleurot, she plays a starchy lawyer. here she is

18930743.jpg

or if you prefer

audrey-fleurot-nue-dans-libe-next-n30-decolette-vetement-moulant-softcore.jpg

jesus-f**king-wept I love her. A lot.

apart from the delicious Ms Fleurot, the series is great, the subtitles are quite quick for the non initiated, but it has actually helped my french, and the french legal system is fascinating in its differences to ours.

Highly recommended viewing, I got the S1 and S2 boxset from amazon for hardly feck all.

Forbrydelsen - or "The Killing" was superb to the end, theres a rather gushing piece in the guardian today about it.

http://www.guardian....und?INTCMP=SRCH

it is a long article, and if you cant be arsed to read it, heres 2 great little bits for the lazy to read

They both recall how big a hit Forbrydelsen was in Denmark in 2007. "It was watched by two million people every Sunday night, which doesn't sound like much but there are only six million people in Denmark," says Mikkelsen.

Mikkelsen heads off to prepare for his performance as Alceste in Molière's The Misanthrope, leaving Gråbøl to tell me how, shortly before she recorded the last episodes of the first season, she was approached by the relatives of a woman who was dying of cancer. The woman feared she wouldn't live long enough to find out who killed Nanna Birk Larsen. "So I wrote her a note and put it in an envelope. She read it and tore it into little pieces so the nurse couldn't find out who did it. The following day she died."

been told by a couple of people how good this show is, my dads watched both seasons 1 + 2, and my mate who works for same company i do but lives in Denmark told me over communicator the other day that I should check it out :)

I had been a bit put off by the fact it's subs tbh, but judging by what everyone says I do really need to give it a watch

There's a US remake of the Killing which started last night...

Apparently it's not too bad, they've tried to get actors as similar to the Danish one as possible

I'll probably watch some of the US one at some pojnt just to see

Just watched the first episode of Breaking In - first impressions are that it's a big improvement on pretty much every other sitcom out there at the moment if only because it's trying to do something a bit less generic.

Also, if you can overlook the fact that it's kinda related to Gridiron, The League is pretty good.

I keep meaning to watch the league. Didnt realise jon lajoie was in it so will definitely need to check it out.

Over the last week have watched the first series of justified, which is brilliant, and all of parks and recreations, which I've enjoyed a lot!

Ron Swanson FTW

220px-Ron_Swanson.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else watch Steve Carell's last episode of the office?

Jesus, that scene with him and Jim was emotional :ph34r:

Somebody started cutting onions just as that scene was on. I really hope they go somewhere with Creed as manager. Even if it's just a few scenes.

Got through The Killing. Was about 4 or 5 episodes too long. Got very 24, bringing in twists just for the sake of it. Second season is decent so far, the terrorism angles a bit too easy though. Spiral after season 2.