Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Twin Peaks. Very different but utterly brilliant.

this rhysie.

you have been spoiled by the wire, because nothing measures up to it for sheer brilliance of storytelling and character development.

but twin peaks is just extraordinarily great. you will gradually slip into the world of agent Dale Cooper, where nothing is ever what it first appears. The characters are utterly brilliant. Leland Palmer, Coops, The Log Lady, The Giant, The Dwarf, Leo and Shelly, Doctor Jacoby, The One Armed man..... the memories are flooding back.

You will become accustomed to the lines like "Damn fine cherry pie" and "a cup of Joe please Norma".

The local vernacular is just amazing. I cannot praise it enough.

Anyone seen The Corner?

Just bought it and really looking forward to seeing it.

I would recommend Generation Kill for any that haven't seen it. Shows the gritty, intense, boredom of war like nothing else.

The Corner is really good. I'd read the book first and it's fairly close. It's not what you'd call a cheerful watch though.

With you on Generation Kill. Show just how frustrated most troops must be.

but twin peaks is just extraordinarily great. you will gradually slip into the world of agent Dale Cooper, where nothing is ever what it first appears. The characters are utterly brilliant. Leland Palmer, Coops, The Log Lady, The Giant, The Dwarf, Leo and Shelly, Doctor Jacoby, The One Armed man..... the memories are flooding back.

You will become accustomed to the lines like "Damn fine cherry pie" and "a cup of Joe please Norma".

The local vernacular is just amazing. I cannot praise it enough.

And let us not forget Audrey Horne :)

3281355514_07d91522ef.jpg

sherilyn_2.jpg

I really wanted to like it, but thought it was gash. It's just a traditional cop-with-issues programme IMO, and I was expecting a lot more from it. And the female police chief's ridiculous cockernee accent is aggravating beyond belief.

Idris is a great actor though, fair play.

the last episode was fantastic. There were enough twists and weirdos to keep me plenty entertained the whole time.

slightly fallen in love with a psychopath though...wonder what that says about me.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Twin Peaks but I've never been able to get hold of the second part :(

I've no idea who killed Laura Palmer :(

It's an awesome program and I watch the first part time and time and time again. I love the music.

If anyone knows where I can buy the second boxset, I will love you forever!

I love Twin Peaks but I've never been able to get hold of the second part :(

I've no idea who killed Laura Palmer :(

It's an awesome program and I watch the first part time and time and time again. I love the music.

If anyone knows where I can buy the second boxset, I will love you forever!

It got released on DVD a month or two ago, you can get it from just about anywhere now. I know play and amazon stock it at the very least.

It got released on DVD a month or two ago, you can get it from just about anywhere now. I know play and amazon stock it at the very least.

If you are correct I love you and I owe you a pint!

*Goes off in search*

Edit: I love you and I owe you a pint. I know what I'm doing with my summer off from work now!!!!!!!!!

This has made my day, who needs Glastonbury when I've got Twin Peaks?! :D:D:D

Edited by Katster

If you are correct I love you and I owe you a pint!

*Goes off in search*

Edit: I love you and I owe you a pint. I know what I'm doing with my summer off from work now!!!!!!!!!

This has made my day, who needs Glastonbury when I've got Twin Peaks?! :D:D:D

by second part, do you mean series 2?

if so - you lucky, lucky barstard!!!!!

its ace, it doesnt matter who killed laura palmer - its not even really about that is it?

by second part, do you mean series 2?

if so - you lucky, lucky barstard!!!!!

its ace, it doesnt matter who killed laura palmer - its not even really about that is it?

Yup, I've only ever seen season one (many many times) and have been waiting about 10 years to get season two on DVD. It's like Christmas come early!!

And of course, you're right, it doesn't actually matter who killed her, that's not what it's about, but I'd still like to know :)

wait until after you have seen S2.

What before watching Fire Walk With Me? Yeah, I was planning on doing, Fire Walk With Me is the film isn't it, that the series is based on?

God knows, all I know is, I can't wait for it to come and I'm going to watch all of season 1 and then all of season 2 all in one go whilst I'm off work for the summer. It will be an amazing couple of days and Mr Cheese had better sort his own tea out :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

wow, what a load of dogshit "Identity" is. its not even as good as spooks was AFTER it went shit.

the incredibly important computer geek woman is possibly the most annoying TV character since Chloe from 24. and the acting in general is f**king awful.

The Wire has genuinely ruined all TV drama for me, for ever. even tommy carcetti cant save it.......

Finally watched Arrested Development. It took 6 days to watch 2 and a half seasons, around World Cup matches. Incredible TV show.

And now watch it another 2 or 3 times and you still won't see all the gags. So many lines forward reference that it's even better on the second watch. Buster's line about his hand chair is my particular favourite. Best comedy of the last 15 years by a country mile. Welcome to the club Hermano.

What before watching Fire Walk With Me? Yeah, I was planning on doing, Fire Walk With Me is the film isn't it, that the series is based on?

It's the other way around, the film is a prequal to the series but was made after the series finished. Definitely don't watch fire wolk with me before you've watched series 2 as it will spoil too much. As T8yman said, you are a lucky sod to get to watch it for the first time.

By the way anyone know when Treme will be showing here yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

f**k me, did anyone see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tf1r4/Madness_in_the_Fast_Lane/

last night? my dad told me about it, and we are gonna watch it tonight. I watched the first 5 minutes on iplayer this morning. It totally passed me by when it was in the news 2 years ago.

I was absolutely stunned. Mental.

f**k me, did anyone see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tf1r4/Madness_in_the_Fast_Lane/

last night? my dad told me about it, and we are gonna watch it tonight. I watched the first 5 minutes on iplayer this morning. It totally passed me by when it was in the news 2 years ago.

I was absolutely stunned. Mental.

Holy shit, that is f**king unbelievable!!! :O