The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, VolumetricFox said:

Just don't post anything like this (Trigger warning).  

I have been watching this again and again, remembering the 26 hour coach journey endurance test from hell, yet can't help but think just how fantastic it still was despite it all.

Only a week before I set off!

6 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Yeah I've barely been in here until now, but since we're only a week away from people being let in... :rolleyes: (that's me looking up to the sky to see what's falling to the ground)

Haha same here, I have been overcome with excitement I hadn't even thought about the weather really...and then the realisation of it being next week hit me and this thread called my name! 

7 minutes ago, kellly said:

Haha same here, I have been overcome with excitement I hadn't even thought about the weather really...and then the realisation of it being next week hit me and this thread called my name! 

Yeah it's definitely getting to the exciting stage :) Done most of the shopping I need to do and now it's just a matter of hoping the rain gods don't hate us like they did last year. The fucking jerks.

14 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Yeah it's definitely getting to the exciting stage :) Done most of the shopping I need to do and now it's just a matter of hoping the rain gods don't hate us like they did last year. The fucking jerks.

I doubt they like being called jerks :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I doubt they like being called jerks :ph34r:

Good point.

I really love the rain gods. But I don't want to deprive any other areas of the country of the gods' bounty, since they were so so generous last year and I totally didn't say that was my last Glastonbury at any point.

1 minute ago, Room to sway said:

Good point.

I really love the rain gods. But I don't want to deprive any other areas of the country of the gods' bounty, since they were so so generous last year and I totally didn't say that was my last Glastonbury at any point.

good save 

54 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

If the rain gods are listening then rain on Sheffield. All weekend. I'd even stand for some rain at Tramlines, a trade if you like. 

I'd absolutely take that. Not even sure if I'm arsed getting a ticket

1 hour ago, Room to sway said:

Sun dance errrrrrrday! We have earned  dry one definately :)

Today's update

sun has been shining all day, the one muddy bit I walk past in the morning (under trees where no light gets to) has gone.  

Was really hot onsite today tomorrow is hotter (hope we get ice cream again lunchtime).

off to shangri-la bar opening later so will let everyone know the state of the ground down there tonorrow.

dust bowl rating 11 out of 10

22 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

^ Exactly that. 

(Good to see you again @Mr Splodge  :)  )

Will post pointless but encouraging SOTG reports much more regularly from now on. Pointless because they'll just be a long repetition of rock hard, dusty, arid,baked, Ghandi's sandal etc etc :D

You as well sawdusty will pop over and say hi when you get onsite 

5 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

If the rain gods are listening then rain on Sheffield. All weekend. I'd even stand for some rain at Tramlines, a trade if you like. 

Oi!

I'll be enjoying my 40th birthday celebrations at Tramlines! Piss it down on Bolsover they're used to a shit life ;)

2 hours ago, Titters said:

Thank you Splodge!

I've started this, so I'll finish - stats showing this is the driest May & June build up to a fest for 10 years. Whoever is making sacrifices to the weather gods, keep up the good work. 

GFL Rain Table WbW1406.png

I wanted to question this when I saw it on twitter. But, nearly as much rain fell on the festival as it did in the whole month of June before last year? Surely that can't be right.