confirmed food vendors 2017

Mich1268

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, joy114 said:

Greek Expectations have confirmed they will be back, opposite the Beat Hotel.

It nearly broke me on the Sunday last year when they ran out of halloumi while I was in the queue.

https://greekexpectations.co.uk/dishes/

Are they the ones with the blue sign and white Ancient Greek style writing? I've always wanted to visit them. But never have. I will this year 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just idiots that don't realise or don't look around. Same as people that use Ask or Pizza Express instead of the independant authentic Italian round the corner that's so much nicer and a little bit cheaper. 

All my best friends wife wanted in 2014 was noodles or hot dogs, all the amazing food on offer and you eat that shit !!! One night she managed to find a stall that did noodles with bits of hot dogs chopped up in it, the smell was vile ! 

One of the many reasons they haven't been invited back by us 

There was one olace id been to everytime ive been i dont know the name offhand but they do chorizo and garlic mushrooms on toasted baguettes and and its bloody anesome! Its on the drag between the pyramid and where john peel used to be im sure. I think its past the beat hotel. Anyone know what im on about and know the name?

10 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Chips, cheese and gravy is legit my favourite thing in the world... do you know the name of their company? I MUST FIND THEM!

I have conducted some further research on your behalf. They are these people:

https://www.facebook.com/thegtpoutine/

I'm told they are between pyramid and other but I also know how much their pitch was and it seems far too cheap for that location so who knows really.

I am apparently doing a pub quiz with half of them this evening so I'm going to find out all about how food catering works at glasto. Very exciting.

Edited by sneakydave

11 minutes ago, sneakydave said:

I have conducted some further research on your behalf. They are these people:

https://www.facebook.com/thegtpoutine/

I'm told they are between pyramid and other but I also know how much their pitch was and it seems far too cheap for that location so who knows really.

I am apparently doing a pub quiz with half of them this evening so I'm going to find out all about how food catering works at glasto. Very exciting.

you are a saint....anyone who provides knowledge of where you can acquire poutine (style not withstanding) at a festival where that kind of food is exactly what you need at times deserves some kind of worship.

Now if you can just find me a new york deli style stall where they do massive great pastrami and salt beef reubens etc and Ill owe you a beer (and pretty much have my food for the fest sorted :P)

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

4 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Now if you can just find me a new york deli style stall where they do massive great pastrami and salt beef reubens etc and Ill owe you a beer (and pretty much have my food for the fest sorted :P)

Bottom of Silver Hayes on the way out towards where the JPT used to be.

Not eaten at it for a while, but I *think* I saw it last year.

5 hours ago, cazzatron said:

No Bones Jones have confirmed on facebook they are getting ready - bloody love the 'bit of everything' approach to their meals :wub:

This is the first meal I have every year, the 'big plate of everything' they do is an absolute feast of tasty wonderfulness!!

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yet more shoddy journalism, stolen from Tweets and quoted without checking facts. Garlic Kitchen were last at Glastonbury in 2008.

Never saw the attraction of the Growler I must confess, even with a hangover.

For some reason I never got round to trying the Dorset Blue Cheese Co., god knows how I missed them.  Gutted.

Le Rac Shack is a thing of beauty, but for some reason every year I struggle to find it!

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Never saw the attraction of the Growler I must confess, even with a hangover.

For some reason I never got round to trying the Dorset Blue Cheese Co., god knows how I missed them.  Gutted.

Le Rac Shack is a thing of beauty, but for some reason every year I struggle to find it!

Aye - think I've only ever managed to find it at Bestival. It's somewhere between the Other Stage and Pyramid, right?

1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

Aye - think I've only ever managed to find it at Bestival. It's somewhere between the Other Stage and Pyramid, right?

Think so.  For some reason when I find myself in the mood for a pile of melted cheese and potatoes I'm generally a bit the worse for wear and have no sense of direction...