• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i can't open the link, can someone just break it down for me 

as in what where and how

Glastonbury Festival Is Getting A Drive-In Cinema This Year

17 February 2017, 13:34

Drive-in cinema stock image

Glastonbury is adding a drive-in cinema to its attractions this year.

According its founder Michael Eavis, the festival - which includes much-loved areas such as Shangri La, Arcadia and Bloc9 - will now boast a '50s and '60s style drive-in with very up-to-date bluetooth technology.

Speaking at the NME Awards this week, the organiser revealed: “We’ve got a massive film screen and 100 ‘60s American and Cuban cars,".

He added: “We’ve put them all in straight lines, so you can sit in the cars, watch the films and the sound comes into the cars by a little Bluetooth thingy on the wing mirror. 

"Julien Temple is doing all the film choices. This is the biggest thing of the year.”

Meanwhile, Emily Eavis has confirmed that they are already "in talks" with the first headliner for 2020, telling NME: "We're talking to our first headliner for the 50th anniversary."

So far, Radiohead are the only headliner confirmed for Glastonbury 2017.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2017-lineup-rumours-michael-eavis-emily-eavis-pink-floyd-area-drive-in-cinema-a7585156.html

100 American and Cuban cars, where you can sit inside and watch films. Bluetooth devices to supply the sound.

Edited by joeltg

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i can't open the link, can someone just break it down for me 

as in what where and how

Glastonbury is adding a drive-in cinema to its attractions this year.

According its founder Michael Eavis, the festival - which includes much-loved areas such as Shangri La, Arcadia and Bloc9 - will now boast a '50s and '60s style drive-in with very up-to-date bluetooth technology.

Speaking at the NME Awards this week, the organiser revealed: “We’ve got a massive film screen and 100 ‘60s American and Cuban cars,".

He added: “We’ve put them all in straight lines, so you can sit in the cars, watch the films and the sound comes into the cars by a little Bluetooth thingy on the wing mirror. 

"Julien Temple is doing all the film choices. This is the biggest thing of the year.”

Edited by e9t3
mods please delete this post

3 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Although it sounds like it might be fun, I'd prefer the investment went into completely revamping Silver Hayes. Desperately in need of it, in my opinion

do you not think this has also happened, I remember seeing something about the new company that have taken over an area and changing that. I know it won't be the Silver Hayes area  (it really needs changing) even if just to take attention away from the already too busy shangri la

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

do you not think this has also happened, I remember seeing something about the new company that have taken over an area and changing that. I know it won't be the Silver Hayes area  (it really needs changing) even if just to take attention away from the already too busy shangri la

I think Silver Hayes was pretty much the same last year as it has been since it's inception but I could be wrong. I guess any use of dead space is positive and as you say, some kind of alternative late-night entertainment is definitely required to divert the crowds away from Shangri-La

5 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I think Silver Hayes was pretty much the same last year as it has been since it's inception but I could be wrong. I guess any use of dead space is positive and as you say, some kind of alternative late-night entertainment is definitely required to divert the crowds away from Shangri-La

The Wow tent was a lot bigger this year. Was hell on a thursday ngiht the past couple of years, it was almost bursting at the seams. Especially for JESuS

Edited by Tr234