Leonard Cohen RIP

kalifire

I read this in the Guardian just last week. It was posted on here somewhere. 

Fucking hell:

Marianne Ihlen, Cohen’s most famous muse, died in July this year.

Jan Christian Mollestad, a documentary maker and friend of Ihlen, shared a letter Cohen had written to her shortly before she died:

"Well Marianne, it’s come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon.

Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine.

And you know that I’ve always loved you for your beauty and your wisdom, but I don’t need to say anything more about that because you know all about that.

But now, I just want to wish you a very good journey. Goodbye old friend. Endless love, see you down the road"

Two days after the letters was read to her, Ihlen, immortalised by Cohen in So Long, Marianne and Bird on a Wire, died. She was 81.

Here's the video clip that Emily Eavis put on twitter last week after the death of Leonard Cohen was announced. Cohen didn't permit the BBC to film his 2008 session on the Pyramid Stage. A few of us, unknown to each other, used our cameras to do some filming, unaware of that. So, here is  "Hallelujah",  by our beloved Leonard Cohen, shot by me - "routeoz02" on youtube. Love you, Len, and thanks for the show and all your songs since the 1960s and poems since the 1950s  xxx 

Edited by scorp