The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

I've only been 3 times, all of which have been resale successes. If all of us in this thread help one another I think we will be pretty successful and only a few will lose out.

I'm not losing hope yet!

This is giving me hope. I've been since '09 and got tickets in the general sale each time. This is my first time trying for the resale and I am full of dread, especially since one of my absolute favourite bands has been announced to headline. I need to go and i'm taking as many of you lot with me.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone point me in the direction of the spreadsheet please? I'm gutted I missed out this year, even more at this headliner news but I will play my part in the resale for anyone going coach and hopefully the favour can be returned when I go for general sale. Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Zed619 said:

Dumb question: is the resale actually two resales? Seperate for coach and general?

I don't know how to feel about that. It's an extra chance for a ticket but also double the chance for devastating disappointment. 

Yes, I think!- coach ones seem to go on sale on the thursday and are limited to 2 tickets per transaction, and then the general tickets go on sale on the Sunday and have been limited to 4 tickets per transaction. Horrible risks and decisions!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yes, I think!- coach ones seem to go on sale on the thursday and are limited to 2 tickets per transaction, and then the general tickets go on sale on the Sunday and have been limited to 4 tickets per transaction. Horrible risks and decisions!

I thought coach was four too? Could be wrong though! 

Sorry @chrismcb for some reason my reply box was holding onto a quote from you, couldnt get rid of it so had to post it. Thanks for all of your efforts with the spreadsheet, I've been hellishly busy and not had time to re-enter my group as yet.

@danbailey80 I think It depends where you are on the booking pages, if you have just entered details it should flag up that 'ticket has been purchased using this reg' or something like that, I've definitely had that.

If you've already entered details and proceeded but a ticket has been bought and not detailed on enter reg page, yes I think it wouldn't proceed with the whole group of 6.

if you are further through ie no payment processed for that reg at that point, I'm not sure if it hangs / gets stuck if someone else is also trying to buy at same time.

Edited by moheetoes

Hi. As requested I've updated the sheet :)

You can select Coach, General or Either when entering details or volunteer.

Sheet : this link

Form : this link

Existing people can go to the sheet and select the resale day for their registrations, and new people using the form will be asked.

Edited by chrismcb

Hi Chris, Thanks again for the tireless work with the sheet and everything.

I have updated my group as requiring GA tickets and I have volunteered myself to help anyone that needs a ticket and wants to go by coach. Least I can do to repay the favour.

39 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Existing people can go to the sheet and select the resale day for their registrations, and new people using the form will be asked.

Hi Chris I can't seem to get on to it but my two should be general sale only. Thanks. 

Ive had a nightmare with tickets this month. No luck with Phil Collins tickets this morning either. 

1 hour ago, chrismcb said:

Thanks Chris,

I have updated the spreadsheet - and as previously said I will help people for coaches.

59 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Hi Chris I can't seem to get on to it but my two should be general sale only. Thanks. 

Ive had a nightmare with tickets this month. No luck with Phil Collins tickets this morning either. 

Not sure why you couldn't update that cell, should be unlocked. Done now anyways!

Not 100% how it works but have added myself to the form, luckily managed to get tickets this year for myself but very happy to try and help other people in April. I got tickets in the secret resale in May this year and I know other people won them in competitions after that, so there are still lots of opportunities left!

Whoever is looking after the google form regarding people in need of tickets or volunteering could you please delete the info on line 68. I put the incorrect reg number in. The line below has the correct details. Thanks again and apologies for my appalling typing skills! Or lack of....

On 21/10/2016 at 9:12 AM, danbailey80 said:

Devastating to have missed out. A quick question.

Is there any truth in the rumour that if one of your 6 people you enter has already got through and bought a ticket then it confuses the system and stops you getting through? 

This exact thing happened to me. It's not so much that it confuses the system but it it won't let you complete the booking and warns you that person already has a ticket, you then have to go back a few screens to delete them and try again, but, in my case every time I to tried to resubmit reg details it wouldn't go any further and just kept saying tickets currently unavailable (even though they hadn't quite sold out then) This is because an attempt had been made against the rest of our reg numbers when I initially tried so we were Iocked out for 10 minutes.

Basically if it happens, unless you get through right at the very start of the sale it's very likely to fuck your chances.

Thanks muchly for your work on the sheet @chrismcb - just updated mine re: sale preference, I think.

Also didn't realise til it was just mentoned that you can only try for 2  ticket in the coach sale...
Doesn't really matter for me as I only need 1 ticket anyway, but that's not ideal for any groups trying to get tickets is it?!

I'm determined to get there this year, so will find a way. April seems an age away though.

@chrismcb -  Can you please delete me on line 70 of the form?

I wanted to add that I am available as volunteer for both coach and general, but before I managed to do that (on line 34) I accidentally added myself again to the bottom of the form.   Apologies, and thanks for your great work!

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

We'll get you there :) 

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So glad to hear you are out of retirement already Yog, that didn't last for long, love it, will definitely help in the resales. 
Charm x

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So pleased to hear that you'll be there (and you will). It will be wonderful for Mrs Yog.