BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

20 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Lines up more with Glastonbury than BST so if it is a Hyde Park gig, then either Radio 2 or a Hard Rock Calling revival in August seems likely. 

Actually, a HRC revival would be ace - and August would be better for me to take my folks too.

HRC was a Livenation event, and they've now lost the Hyde Park licence - so never gonna happen at Hyde Park. 

It was moved to Clapham Common but I think it was axed last year. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

HRC was a Livenation event, and they've now lost the Hyde Park licence - so never gonna happen at Hyde Park. 

It was moved to Clapham Common but I think it was axed last year. 

Ah, was it LN? curses then. Unless there's a shift in typical BST dates, this looks like Radio 2 or a one off.

47 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Ah, was it LN? curses then. Unless there's a shift in typical BST dates, this looks like Radio 2 or a one off.

He does sort of intimate in the interview that it might be a one-off, but I couldn't make out whether he's saying they've got a show and then they're gonna try and source some events in order to come back or they're trying to source the events around the one show they're doing. Which, as you say, suggests one or the other. :P

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He does sort of intimate in the interview that it might be a one-off, but I couldn't make out whether he's saying they've got a show and then they're gonna try and source some events in order to come back or they're trying to source the events around the one show they're doing. Which, as you say, suggests one or the other. :P

Something north of Birmingham would do me good. the way they phrase it makes it sound like they don't consider they can break even in the UK and Europe which raises questions about how much they spend doing a non-NA tour.

Stick em in Hyde Park, Hydro and Leeds Arena. don't think any would sell out but nor should the logistics be ridiculously expensive.

13 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Would explain why they're so far only playing the Millenium Stadium next year in the UK, but I think they're more likely just to take the weekend off

They already did England and Scotland last year and now they're doing the other countries in the UK.

They're another one that's too big for BST and would make more from one stadium show that they'd easily pack out.

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I'll be waiting until closer to the time methinks for a cheaper ticket!

When was the last time BST offered reduced tickets?  I haven't been keeping up, I'm afraid.

I don't like Hyde Park as a venue, but I might be interested in the Tom Petty gig if the price came down.

The Ticket Factory has it at 75.50 plus fees, or a "launch" price of 65.50 (anyone know what the hell a launch price is?)

This is a big one. An exclusive European 2017 show, I can easily see people travelling from the continent for this one. 

It'll be a sell out, but that's a way off. we all know Hyde Park is a hard venue to sell. Petty is the equivalent of Carole King really - except no hit musical. 

Wish it was a Saturday - better to take the folks to.

And on a final note, I think the press release says this is the final headliner. Which makes me think either KoL or Justin Bieber will have a second date added, since five headliners isn't many.

1 hour ago, Damsonz said:

When was the last time BST offered reduced tickets?  I haven't been keeping up, I'm afraid.

I don't like Hyde Park as a venue, but I might be interested in the Tom Petty gig if the price came down.

This year they didn't but for Massive Attack day dozens of competitions with, like, 20+ pairs of tickets popped up not long before the festival. That was probably selling horribly though - none of the ones this year seem like they'd do that poorly.

If it isn't selling so great there may be cheaper than FV tickets on secondary ticket sites but I wouldn't advise counting on the prices to come down on these anymore, sadly.

4 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Saw them announced for BBK and this was my initial thought, although I would have thought Stadiums would be more profitable for them.

Could be doing it a la Bon Jovi? As the London date on a stadium tour.

Or large outside venues. Hyde Park for BST, Glasgow for the T replacement festival and a show at the Etihad. sounds about right to me.

Also on my bucket list. Mr Petty takes priority though (please don't sell out, please don't sell out, please don't sell out...)