Balance payments

skunkmedic

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A £5 booking fee on a festival ticket is more than reasonable compared to other tickets you purchase. Buy a ticket for R&L or V and see what fee they charge you.

£7.75 for postage...most of that figure is royal mail special delivery. And you can split that between your group.

Stop moaning x

16 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

What would you rather spend that £12.75 on? I could get 20 packets of euro 2016 stickers and a few sweets to eat while I bung em in 

I may buy a panini album, and  a large amount of stickers and see if I can fill it whilst sat in the sun (it will be sunny) in Jazz word and see how the day goes

7 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

If I could play devil's advocate here(as you know I love to) I think we've all had a moan about processing and postage fees with tickets.....so why when it's Glastonbury is it suddenly OK? Oh efests thou name is hypocrisy! :) I'll pay it, because obviously we have no choice and I'm not going to whine myself as it's pointless....but that doesnt make these kind of fees right. When your tickets already costing £200+ you'd think such fees would be included in that you know? These aren't £15 gig tickets.  Show me someone here who hasn't moaned about paying these kind of fees with regards to other gigs or events and I'll show you a liar ;p it's an industry wide problem exploiting fans-just because it's Glastonbury this time doesn't make it ok. 

I can never work out what you've edited.

7 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Show me someone here who hasn't moaned about paying these kind of fees with regards to other gigs or events and I'll show you a liar ;p it's an industry wide problem exploiting fans-just because it's Glastonbury this time doesn't make it ok. 

I never have. If the "exploitation" were to stop they'd just roll the cost into the ticket prices anyway. You'd be paying the same amount.

Penguin does have a point tbf.

The 'problem' obviously isn't exclusive to Glastonbury but I do feel fees are too high for gigs, festivals etc. 

Are Glastonbury tickets sent via a special recorded delivery as that may explain the bulk of that fee? I wouldn't know as I've only ever got coach tickets

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Penguin does have a point tbf.

The 'problem' obviously isn't exclusive to Glastonbury but I do feel fees are too high for gigs, festivals etc. 

Are Glastonbury tickets sent via a special recorded delivery as that may explain the bulk of that fee? I wouldn't know as I've only ever got coach tickets

Yeah you have to sign for them.

I'm so used to being shafted by booking fees etc (£2 convenience fee for printing my own tickets? Why yes! And here's my bum, please feel free to ream me some more, I deserve it) that I just accept it as part of the world. Yeah it sucks, but so do rainy days off work, and stubbing your toe. Shite, but you just have to plough on while swearing and rolling your eyes at the unfairness of it all. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I always assume it's to remove all punctuation and add "hahaha" after every sentence.

Heh. I wasn't being mean or anything. I enjoy Penguin's ranty rants. I just assume he reads 'em back and thinks 'not irate enough...edit!'

:-)

23 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I may buy a panini album, and  a large amount of stickers and see if I can fill it whilst sat in the sun (it will be sunny) in Jazz word and see how the day goes

Not a bad shout, worth the extra luggage though?

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Heh. I wasn't being mean or anything. I enjoy Penguin's ranty rants. I just assume he reads 'em back and thinks 'not irate enough...edit!'

:-)

I enjoy them too but they're a tough read. If you compiled them into a book it would be a tome to rival James Joyce's Ulysses.