Raise your (non)glass - 2016 Alcohol thread

sloseph

we've got the 3 headliners

we've got the Weather thread

all that's left is the Alcohol thread

I'm kicking it off with the bargain that it's 1L bottles of spirits in Tesco for £15

pick your poison - Gin, Vodka, Rum and Whisky it's all £15

Edited by sloseph

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I took a few of those 250ml premixed g+t's.  This year I'll be taking many, many more.  Lightweight and no hunting for mixers.  Most years I'll have a litre or 3 of rum as well.

Asda have Bombay dry on offer at the moment, enjoying a nice pint of g+t as we speak.

Because I've always arrived by coach it's been a bit difficult for me to fit that much booze in the one (albeit huge) backpack I can take with me, so I've always resorted to boxed wine, which wouldn't usually be my first choice. 

That's a decent deal on spirits though, may try and take some this year. 

You can't argue with the price on a litre of Oakheart on that Tesco offer.  Getting my arse down there this evening, I think.

@LeeGalvin Yeah, a decent sturdy plastic bottle does the job (I use 500ml coke bottles and freeze them before I go, even though they don't freeze they hold the cold well if you wrap them in mylar in your pack).  

Just now, Spindles said:

You can't argue with the price on a litre of Oakheart on that Tesco offer.  Getting my arse down there this evening, I think.

@LeeGalvin Yeah, a decent sturdy plastic bottle does the job (I use 500ml coke bottles and freeze them before I go, even though they don't freeze they hold the cold well if you wrap them in mylar in your pack).  

Clever clogs

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Buy some 2l plastic bottles of lemonade and Coke. Make Premixed vodka and lemonade, sloe Gin and lemonade, Spiced rum and coke or whatever takes your fancy in said bottles. Job done

Only problem with spiced rum and coke is the urgency to get to the longdrops after waking up at 9am the next morning. 

aewCbzF.gif

Edited by The Nal

Yeah cider is great stuff in the sun, beats the crap out of beer.  Red wine gives me hangovers that make me wish for the sweet release of death these days, fair play to those who can enjoy it in peace :)

7 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Brewdog Punk IPA 

Thankfully, now available in cans. I'm gonna bring a couple of hundred.

Lovely stuff, would heartily recommend.

28 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

If you're ever on the lookout for deals on spirits, this Google Spreadsheet is worth checking - it's updated every week or two with the lowest prices across all the supermarkets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxkiIkmnPFkvHiSn70gXjFh4XWw_QE68oSDt4he7XvY/edit#gid=0

this is wonderful

23 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Brewdog Punk IPA 

Thankfully, now available in cans. I'm gonna bring a couple of hundred.

Beavertown's Gamma Ray is great in cans - should be readily available. If you can track down Dale's Pale Ale is another quality bev in tins.

Will be crossing fingers that the recently canned ODell's IPA reach these shores by the end of June. Personal fave of mine.

The past two years I've asked my local friendly dodgy off licence owner to buy me a slab of Holsten Pils from the cash and carry as no supermarket carries that sweet nectar in anything larger than 4x440ml cans. I have since moved out of the area and I can't seem to build up the rapport with the guys around here, mainly because there's someone new each time or they're blasting out music making conversation untenable or they're asking way too much for a can. The stress is making me reconsider the resales.

regards tonic. i would get fever tree if they did it in cans but they don't to my knowledge.

good thing about G&T is you need less tonic than you do coke for a rum & coke, so you don't have to bring as much

small cans of it are pretty easy to come by in most supermarkets. G&T i find a good refresher once you've had enough cider or ale!

Edited by Memory Man

* Crate of Spitfire/ Bombardier/ London Pride type-ale

* Plastic litre bottles of whisky, gin and vodka from trip to France the week before. Mixers : Ginger Ale, Tonic and Coke.

* Love red wine, but boxed stuff isn't to my taste. Bought some in a plastic bottle from Sainsbury's once...god awful stuff. I'll see what France has to offer in the plastic department...probably sacrilege/ banned there.

* Mentioned by somebody on another thread - pre-mix Kahlua/ Voddy then use fresh Worthy Farm milk to make White Russians.

Then on Thursday, I'll see what the various bars have to offer.