Nuisance Adverts

bethannny

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, danmarks said:

Hi. Sorry to hijack thread. How can I donate without making a PayPal account. Happy with ads and try to buy via the website so its a way of giving a very little bit more. Any chance of getting Bristol ticket shop via efestivals too? (If it would make a couple of quid for you) 

Cheers

Dan

If you go to this page:-

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/shop/

there's a 'donate' graphic down the page, which should allow you to do it straight from your credit card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2016 at 8:41 PM, mandolin said:

The Gold membership works out as less than 5p per day for all the information, friendliness and fun (OK, sometimes downright silliness) you could wish for.    Bargain!  

Totally agree and have at last signed up! Please everyone else do the same :)

• 9 months later...

Neil I'm currently getting this message when I click on the trolley thread and have had it for a couple of different ones over the past few days , is it a fault with something I'm doing ? excuse my lack of technical knowledge on these matters 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at efestivals.co.uk

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Neil I'm currently getting this message when I click on the trolley thread and have had it for a couple of different ones over the past few days , is it a fault with something I'm doing ? excuse my lack of technical knowledge on these matters 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at efestivals.co.uk

There's some nuisance ads causing issues like that that I've been flagging up with the ad-house since last Thursday, and while what you've experienced says there's still some around, in my own experience (I'm reading every thread) of the last few days the numbers of them are hugely reduced.... but I'll of course flag up this report with the ad-house, cos there's obviously more to be done.

If you do get this problem it's (in my experience) unlikely the page will load with a refresh, but it will load if you exit the page and trying going back into it.

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There's some nuisance ads causing issues like that that I've been flagging up with the ad-house since last Thursday, and while what you've experienced says there's still some around, in my own experience (I'm reading every thread) of the last few days the numbers of them are hugely reduced.... but I'll of course flag up this report with the ad-house, cos there's obviously more to be done.

If you do get this problem it's (in my experience) unlikely the page will load with a refresh, but it will load if you exit the page and trying going back into it.

5 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

After reading this will become a Gold member when I get in from work.

If someone said to you, "Here's a book with all the info you'll ever need about Glastonbury, past, present and future all provided by a bunch of sound people (generally) and it's only £18!" You'd think it was a bargain.

Took me a while to go gold but glad I did... 

• 9 months later...
44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s been a surge in full screen “suggested links” popping up on my iPhone when browsing today. The usual “she couldn’t understand why they were laughing” guff.

I’m also pretty sure there are no lonely Asian women in my local area who look like that.

Oh no! I think I know the reason for this. I recall somebody mentioning it before (a few years ago) and Neil coming on here to explain why you would be getting those adverts. 

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh no! I think I know the reason for this. I recall somebody mentioning it before (a few years ago) and Neil coming on here to explain why you would be getting those adverts. 

Hugh jass loving the asian cuties?

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s been a surge in full screen “suggested links” popping up on my iPhone when browsing today. The usual “she couldn’t understand why they were laughing” guff.

I’m also pretty sure there are no lonely Asian women in my local area who look like that.

thanks, i'll get it looked at.

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I believe this ad has been traced and blocked, but if you're still experiencing problems please let me know.

A new ads set-up went live yesterday, where one of the advantages is (supposedly) a better ability to trace and stop rogue ads, so fingers crossed it works as hoped.

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I believe this ad has been traced and blocked, but if you're still experiencing problems please let me know.

A new ads set-up went live yesterday, where one of the advantages is (supposedly) a better ability to trace and stop rogue ads, so fingers crossed it works as hoped.

Cheers Neil.