Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem, they start off from a bad position ;)

Many on here slate The Phonics (as the hep cats call them), tired, formulated dad rock, nothing new. Yet laud Faithless, I may be wrong but are they not tired, formulated dad dance, (literally) nothing new in about 10 years? 

10 years is optimistic. I've been with my other half nearly 15 years and one of the first things we bonded over was a mutual loathing of Maxi Jazz's vocal stylings on We Come 1.

Many on here slate The Phonics (as the hep cats call them), tired, formulated dad rock, nothing new. Yet laud Faithless, I may be wrong but are they not tired, formulated dad dance, (literally) nothing new in about 10 years?

The efests twitter has tweeted saying 'see Sigur Ros play one of only two UK shows in 2016' in relation to there Citadel headline slot. Are we saying that second show is Glastonbury? or just a personal show e.g. Royal Albert Hall. If so does the tweet rule it out?

Edited by ryan.wills

Just now, ryan.wills said:

The efests twitter has tweeted saying 'see Sigur Ros play one of only two UK shows in 2016' in relation to there Citadel headline slot. Are we saying that second show is Glastonbury? or just a personal show e.g. Royal Albert Hall. If so does the tweet rule it out?

We don't know. That's what the band have said, the other show hasn't been revealed yet. Citadel is being described as a "London exclusive" which means it won't be RAH, and could well be another festival; but no real reason to think it'd be Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ignore all of this line up bar one name, a very sneaky under the radar, early May, I shall start dreaming now 

AT THE DRIVE-IN

image.png

Saw speculation about this on one of the other boards, didn't know it was confirmed though!

Would love to see them again, that Reading set was epic.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Saw speculation about this on one of the other boards, didn't know it was confirmed though!

Would love to see them again, that Reading set was epic.

I don't suspect they'll play the farm but if they are anywhere in the U.K. I'm there 

That set was one of the best I've ever seen at reading 

Edited by Mezhyp1

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Biffy Clyro announced for a festival in Finland starting 30th June!! 

Must be BST, I can't think what else and I'd be shocked if Glasto had them but not heading.

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ignore all of this line up bar one name, a very sneaky under the radar, early May, I shall start dreaming now 

AT THE DRIVE-IN

image.png

It would be great, not sure where they would go but the best place would be JP headliner. I see them as a Download or Reading Fest exclusive booking though. The two reasons I'm leaning towards Reading are, it's a perfect booking for both parties and I'd expect to see RAR, Hurricane/Southside, one of the earlier rock one's and Northside be in the mix already. I am clutching, that much is true.

Edited by thewayiam

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really hoping for Wilco. Chances look better than ever this time round. Headlining Park would definitely be the best space for em but there enters the inevitable clashes

You do get the feeling that if it was going to happen it'd be this year. The week before in Denmark then doing Glasto on the way to Spain.