best browser

Respectfatfrog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking hell Kev you are really making me shit my knickers about this ticket sale...

I'm going to use google chrome. 1 tab auto refreshing, 1 tab I will hammer F5. Plus I'll have the page auto refreshing on my phone.

Now watch someone come along and say I will have no chance of getting tickets using this method....

Edited by russycarps

It strange- each year I use 2-3 browsers and each year one of those performs better than the other two, but each year that best one is different. Probably something to do with cache or cookies or something (I know nothing about computers), but usually one will regularly get through to the holding page, while the other times-out much more frequently before it gets to that point (though occasionally gets through).

I usually use Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and see which two are working more promisingly on the day and stick with those (with a random visit to the third browser as a lucky dip!)

Edited by Mr.Tease

fucking hell Kev you are really making me shit my knickers about this ticket sale...

I'm going to use google chrome. 1 tab auto refreshing, 1 tab I will hammer F5. Plus I'll have the page auto refreshing on my phone.

Now watch someone come along and say I will have no chance of getting tickets using this method....

shit Jesus what the hell is auto refresh???

we always use Chrome.

That said, when we got tickets last year, I think it was IE on my other half's lappy that got us in. I can't remember though, we tend to use 2 browsers each on the lappies as well as at least one phone or wifi device.

Small tweak to that method - if you're dead set on just using Chrome, then make sure one of your tabs is using incognito mode.  Using two tabs on the same browser without incognito/private browsing has been known to cause issues and is actively discouraged by the official site.

Only in that it's like using a different instance of Chrome.  It's no better than ordinary Chrome, but using 1 normal + 1 incognito Chrome is better than using 2 normal Chrome tabs.

Why? Incognito mode has no impact outside of your own browser. Every website you visit can still see your IP address, in incognito or not.

All incognito does is not record your history for that session. So your missus can't see the filthy Vietnamese manboy sex you've been looking at, you dirty fuckers.

Edited by The Nal

Why? Incognito mode has no impact outside of your own browser. Every website you visit can still see your IP address, in incognito or not.

All incognito does is not record your history for that session. So your missus can't see the filthy Vietnamese manboy sex you've been looking at, you dirty fuckers.

It's nothing to do with who can see your IP.  It's because incognito mode manages sessions separately to the main Chrome.  So if you had two accounts on a site for some reason, then you could log into one with normal Chrome and another with incognito Chrome.  It's not just that it doesn't record your history.  Try opening an incognito window and visiting http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/205979-best-browser/#entry4829329 You'll find that you're not logged in and can't post.  You could log in as someone else and log out again and you'd still be "The Nal" on your normal Chrome window.

It's not about privacy, it's about session management.

Small tweak to that method - if you're dead set on just using Chrome, then make sure one of your tabs is using incognito mode.  Using two tabs on the same browser without incognito/private browsing has been known to cause issues and is actively discouraged by the official site.

oh fuck, ok I'll use F5 on chrome and auto refresh on firefox. Cheers!