Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

Benteke is so lazy.. anyone see when ibe put the ball in? he stood in the same position and didn't even move and then moaned at Ibe for that ball... maybe if he actually ran he might of got it. Guy needs to start running more. Was a good game to watch tho! if we play like that against united we will easily beat them.

Edited by Chris Lfc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

Benteke is so lazy.. anyone see when ibe put the ball in? he stood in the same position and didn't even move and then moaned at Ibe for that ball... maybe if he actually ran he might of got it. Guy needs to start running more. Was a good game to watch tho! if we play like that against united we will easily beat them.

He's an odd one. He's got a lot more movement than Balotelli, and yet most of the time his movement is rubbish. Just about every time he should have been in the box he was somewhere outside of it, and then he'd be in the box when there was little chance of the ball coming his way.

I think Arsenal gave Liverpool waaay too much respect last night, and could have won the game easily if they'd been more willing to get forwards.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I really fear for Swansea now.  Now Sunderland have closed the point gap an Alladyce led Sunderland seems a much safer bet than Swansea under Curtis.

You've got every reason to fear for us. Okay, the officials were atrocious yesterday (2 offside goals, 1 shocking sending off), but the team really needs strengthening, and the board seem reluctant to support Curtis with funds to improve the squad. 

Basically, they're throwing a club legend under the bus at the moment...

Edited by jackarmy

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I love Liverpool fans!

It's sort-of a fair comment all the same. It depends what Utd turns up.

I think that if Utd playing the sort of dull crap they've been doing in recent months Utd will win, but if they play similar to how they did against Newc Liverpool have the better chance of winning.

And I reckon that if Liverpool win, LvG will be out the door within a week.

lecister back in it i see. top 4 race tightens!

liverpool under klopp seem to pick up their game against the bigger clubs: i can see liverpool winning. actually, if its a 7-8 goal thriller, i can see lvg staying a bit longer on the basis that the football is better. i think theyll wait under top 4 is under threat: at the moment, utd are still in with a decent chance of it.

west ham picking it up as well, while palace have dropped off a bit. 

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I really fear for Swansea now.  Now Sunderland have closed the point gap an Alladyce led Sunderland seems a much safer bet than Swansea under Curtis.

YAY!!!  Fingers crossed for the Black Cats!

After 30 odd years of supporting them, am finally going to see them - have wangled a ticket to the Spurs games, as one of the recruitment agencies has a box at WHL.  Can't wait!

29 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

YAY!!!  Fingers crossed for the Black Cats!

After 30 odd years of supporting them, am finally going to see them - have wangled a ticket to the Spurs games, as one of the recruitment agencies has a box at WHL.  Can't wait!

It'll be dire. Their boxes are behind glass which totally detracts from the experience and your team is managed by Allardyce...

Make the most of the free alcohol is my advice ! 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It's sort-of a fair comment all the same. It depends what Utd turns up.

I think that if Utd playing the sort of dull crap they've been doing in recent months Utd will win, but if they play similar to how they did against Newc Liverpool have the better chance of winning.

And I reckon that if Liverpool win, LvG will be out the door within a week.

You could be right on all counts. I just like the "we will easily beat them" thing.

If Utd play how they did vs Newcastle they could demolish Liverpool. Alternatively, Liverpool could get in behind Utd and do serious damage. Really looking forward to it. But I've absolutely no idea who I think will win. Same for all teams this season it seems.

Remember Liverpool played well against Arsenal. Arsenal who beat City and then the next game lost 4 nil to Southampton.  

1 minute ago, mrtourette said:

Liverpool are horrendously inconsistent, which is what makes the "if we play like that against..." comment amusing.

while it looks like they are, I'm thinking it's less about them being inconsistent and more about how the team they're playing set themselves up.

Teams that tend to try and get at the opposition (Arsenal, City, Chelsea, etc) haven't done well against Liverpool, but teams who sit back (generally the lower teams) have done pretty well.

Which is why I think a 'dull' Utd stand a decent chance of winning, but an 'exciting' Utd stand a decent chance of losing.

2 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

It'll be dire. Their boxes are behind glass which totally detracts from the experience and your team is managed by Allardyce...

Make the most of the free alcohol is my advice ! 

Have only ever done an executive box once at anfield and hated the experience.  There was a volume control for the crowd which says it all!

About 1/3 of the games I've been to have been executive seats when my uncle could blag bringing friends/family at his old job. WHL was dogshite, Emirates was fairly good, Stamford Bridge poor, Wembley good most times, although that was probably because I only ever went for playoff finals.

I still prefer being in bog-standard seats though and soaking in the full atmosphere. Also tend to enjoy going to games as a neutral more although that's probably largely because of the results of most Newcastle games I've been to...

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Real and Atletico being hit with a transfer banned for two windows after this January window. 

One thinks Mr De Gea will be with Utd for even longer now.............

Didn't stop Barca buying players! Real will be no different. They'll appeal and it will be suspending pending appeal etc etc etc.

12 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I would like this, but I can't bear the idea of liking a post by a mackem in a football thread.

I'll like both to save you the hassle!

im a Leicester fan, I'm in freaking dreamland. How the fuck are we still in this with just 17 games to go???? Especially with how many we concede??

I fear I may wake soon and have dreamt the whole damn season..

2 hours ago, thegremlin_1999 said:

I'll like both to save you the hassle!

im a Leicester fan, I'm in freaking dreamland. How the fuck are we still in this with just 17 games to go???? Especially with how many we concede??

I fear I may wake soon and have dreamt the whole damn season..

Thing is that Leicester have have stopped leaking goals, three clean sheets on the trot against very decent opposition. I thought that if they started struggling for goals that's when it would fall apart, but again they surprise everyone.