Flags

wilem

I feel like I know JEM !

Never met him but always interesting to see what's written underneath - he must take loads

anyway - the best I've ever seen was held by a lone, bald (nowt wrong with that), overweight (that either), topless chap whilst watching Lily Allen - it read 'I'll make you scream Lily'......rather menacing!

Big fan of flags. Made my own last year. Left by the tent for 4 days then carried it round on the Sunday.

Funniest one I saw last year simply said "GOVE IS A TAWT" on it...

...turns out i took a pic of it too

IMG_20140629_190851.jpg

Edited by tom22

I like all the flags at stages, differentiates Glastonbury from most other festivals when you can see a sea of flags in front of the stage

But I'm there to watch bands / artists play not stare at an "I love sausages" flag

Edited by JoeyT

I like the ones that stay fixed to the tents next to mine that guide me home on a night.

Really not a fan of any that are taken to stages, although the Mexican guys really amused us last year - they got everywhere!

This has been our tent flag in Oxylers for the last 3 Glastonburys! I'm sure its guided a few along the way!!

gallery_222351_1307_45975.jpg

Any particular favourite flags over the years?

I rather enjoy the yellow flag that has 'flag' written on it.

Why has this (at time of typing) been minused five?

I cracked up at the yellow flag with "god hates flags" on it whatever year it was..

Please keep flags to camp sites.

Last I knew the general consensus was it's not all about the music - it's part of the glastonbury vibe to have the flags

Have any evidence for that? I thought the last poll taken put it at about 50/50?

Going to need a really tall selfie stick to get photos over those flags too...

I enjoyed watching Dolly's set, indulging in her wholesome, family friendly music, when the camera panned to the crowd and a sea of people having a great time, with flags representing all nationalities in amongst flags asking Dolly to sing at their wedding, pronouncements about love and general good natured feeling towards everyone. Then came into shot one solitary black flag with a big white picture of somebody sticking their middle finger up. It amused me no end.