Favourite area?

stopwn1981

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Holts for the great music on offer, good vibe, Brothers Bar and veggie food options. I also like The Park stage with it's amphitheatre feel and being at the top of the site. Lost Horizons sauna chill out area is great too. I'm finding it difficult not to pick more! I love Glastonbury Festival...!

As said , anything south of the railway line is top notch.

I also like the cider bus area as well, always seems to have a buzz about it, near enough to the Pyramid to hear it but far enough away to block out if its pants.

And I like proper cider too, not the flavoured 'perry' that you get at Brothers.

Edited by Inconspicuous

Mine strangely, is the little walk up to the Stone Circle where it's somewhat dark and eerie. I love how calm and chilled it is & every year I notice the bats flying erratically overhead like massive butterflies... even better when you're viewing the world through a different set of spectacles (I don't wear real specs lol) and there's always some place up that way that has hundreds of candles which adds to the vibe. I also love the Park and I'm another for Bella's field. Roll on June! :biggrin:

Glad to see plenty of support for the Avalon. That and West Holts and everything Easterly.

You're talking my language - Avalon & West Holts definitely where I end up most, oh and a soft spot for comedy at Cabaret Marquee too as a respite.

Can't handle John Peel stage despite sometimes really wanting to, and finding Pyramid stage and Other less appealing year by year.

The Pyramid stage gets slagged off, but nothing gives you the glastonbury feeling like walking round and seeing the pyramid stage for the first time that year. You know you are back. Its the most iconic area.

The other stage, on the face of it, it isn't that great, but walking through the flags towards it always makes me happy.

In short. It's all brilliant.

Personally got a soft spot for The Park, always camp fairly near to it and a bit of tea and toast up there in the mornings is superb. Plus they always have a pretty decent lineup with "secret sets", etc. Plenty of shady places to chill out too!

But it's difficult picking a favourite place because it's all so goddamn awesome!