Download 2016

Hart Attack

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

I think you'll find that the people who moan most about the lineup had no intention of going anyway and haven't been for years.

i know one guy who said he want going this year as there are too many repeats but he hasn't been for over five years.

By my reckoning, he hasn't seen Sabbath or Maiden for something like ten years and hasn't seen Rammstein ever.Some repeats!

crazy. if they aren't interested in going they should just say so. I'm tempted but its finding others to go with may be a problem. Just want to see the next couple of announcements as well as then can make a better decision.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lharris92 said:

cry me a river.

some bands develop and grow in size, some don't.

there's a lot of people who may not have been to download before who are considering it because of the bands booked at this particular time.

the world doesn't revolve around you, get over it. if you don't like it, don't go. simple.

edit: also, just for example, I know there are bands that play more often than not but you get that at other festivals as well. (see Frank Turner at R&L)

but there are other cases who do not -

Shinedown - 2009, 2012, 2016.

Billy Talent (if confirmed) - 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012.

those sort of bookings help sway people

Well at least Justin Timberlake would be different I guess.

So if some of those bands haven't developed or grown in size, why are they pushed up this year to positions they were lower than last time with nothing new? Frank Turner is continuing to increase, the band side anyway and so works his way up, that is a bit different. 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

I think you'll find that the people who moan most about the lineup had no intention of going anyway and haven't been for years.

i know one guy who said he want going this year as there are too many repeats but he hasn't been for over five years.

By my reckoning, he hasn't seen Sabbath or Maiden for something like ten years and hasn't seen Rammstein ever.Some repeats!

Not that I think you're aiming at me but I have been 3 times, 2 are weekends and 1 being a day ticket.

Download is at a slight disadvantage with the pool of bands they have to fill the line up.  It's not like mainstream festivals where they can fill their bill with stuff from a variety of genre's.  I go to Download because I want a specific type of music which they do very well to cater for.  I can accept there will be repeats every few years

16 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Download is at a slight disadvantage with the pool of bands they have to fill the line up.  It's not like mainstream festivals where they can fill their bill with stuff from a variety of genre's.  I go to Download because I want a specific type of music which they do very well to cater for.  I can accept there will be repeats every few years

I think even the people who go all the time can see why it comes under controversy but I do think it comes down to you either accept it or you don't.

I'm not totally against repeat bookings as it happens but I think it's been overdone a little bit this year and placing issue's with one that could have been mixed up. P

Onto price of the fest, I've never understood how they can charge the same price to park up for a day as a weekend and try and argue the point that no other festival gives you 5 days for only £20 which of course it a straight lie.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yep some cool names. Especially Ho99o9 - I wonder how they'll go down. Know anything about the placements?

The next poster has day splits, but for the new bands it's just descending alphabetical order and no indication of stages, is what I was told. If that's true, Ho99o9 are playing sunday.

To answer other questions: No indication of Alive Or Just Breathing in full, and Shinedown are playing as well, there's like 30 odd bands being announced tonight and I didn't wanna spoil everything. Another one being announced is Twin Atlantic, though.

39 minutes ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

The next poster has day splits, but for the new bands it's just descending alphabetical order and no indication of stages, is what I was told. If that's true, Ho99o9 are playing sunday.

To answer other questions: No indication of Alive Or Just Breathing in full, and Shinedown are playing as well, there's like 30 odd bands being announced tonight and I didn't wanna spoil everything. Another one being announced is Twin Atlantic, though.

In fairness some of the position probably aren't done yet but many will be able to work out positions anyway roughly. You know TA are taking a highish spot. 

Extremely happy with this announcement by the sounds of things. Someone mentioned there's day splits as well?

Twin Atlantic won't get THAT high a spot. They got a good slot at T because they're much bigger in Scotland than anywhere else, but I can see them in a midcard main stage slot or an equivalent.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Extremely happy with this announcement by the sounds of things. Someone mentioned there's day splits as well?

Twin Atlantic won't get THAT high a spot. They got a good slot at T because they're much bigger in Scotland than anywhere else, but I can see them in a midcard main stage slot or an equivalent.

All Time Low / Architects / Twin Atlantic / Neck Deep 

Would be a pretty good run on the second stage I think :)