Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

well I was 6 in 2000 so I wouldn't know lol.

I didn't say the festival had gotten worse. Just 2013 had some incredible bookings of it's year which were backed up by strong performances.

that's fair, 2013 had a great lineup, just the way it was phrased i perceived it as you saying that because the acts that are headlining now were no headliners then, shows the decline in the festival, but obviously i was wrong xD 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to frank turner, haelos, die antwoord, BBK, crystal castles, disclosure, foals, PABH, nas, haim, milk teeth, Sophie, RHCP, Mastodon (will probably clash), basement, savages, cage the elephant, Biffy, the Vyrill society and erza fur an. 

Any other suggestions? For some reason there isn't as many bands lower down the bill I am into compared to recent years, not sure if it's just me not keeping up to date as much. Into anything really except for generic dance music and pop punk esque shite 

2 minutes ago, normalperson said:

Looking forward to frank turner, haelos, die antwoord, BBK, crystal castles, disclosure, foals, PABH, nas, haim, milk teeth, Sophie, RHCP, Mastodon (will probably clash), basement, savages, cage the elephant, Biffy, the Vyrill society and erza fur an. 

Any other suggestions? For some reason there isn't as many bands lower down the bill I am into compared to recent years, not sure if it's just me not keeping up to date as much. Into anything really except for generic dance music and pop punk esque shite 

Giggs, Slaves, Anderson Paak, Sunset Sons, Bugzy Malone. Might like a few of those.

15 minutes ago, normalperson said:

check my post a few pages back, think we have a similar outlook 

20 minutes ago, normalperson said:

Nice choices!
If you like hip-hop I'd definitely recommend Anderson Paak, Little Simz, Logic, Hoodie Allen and Travis Scott.
If you like rock I'd recommend DMA's, Kvelertak, Highly Suspect and Giraffe Tongue Orchestra (Mastodon/TDEP supergroup)
If you like emo/basementy stuff Superheaven, Beach Slang, Waterparks, Modern Baseball and Citizen are all good
If you like Game of Thrones I'd recommend Raleigh Ritchie

Edited by deadpheasant

2 minutes ago, normalperson said:

Cheers everyone! Going to put a playlist together of all the suggestions now, haven't been too pleased with any of the announcements but think the lineup has shaped up quite well now 

check out Sundara Karma if you get a chance as well

1 hour ago, YoramG said:

Who do we reckon for secret set then? If I'm still desperately hanging on to Rivers' word I'd say Weezer but more likely Royal Blood or TLSP. Also, I definitely see a The Wonder Years sized slot below Sundara Karma on Saturday, would be a great way to open the day.

Don't think it'll be TLSP or Weezer, Weezer would 100% be billed and TLSP i don't see Alex Turner accepting a secret set as big enough for him. Royal Blood or Enter Shikari for me, both would be big secret sets, both could play next year (Which normally happens with secret sets, at least with the last few years), leaning more towards Shikari as they've just had Hevy cancelled the weekend before and no longer have the exclusivity to them.

1 hour ago, YoramG said:

Who do we reckon for secret set then? If I'm still desperately hanging on to Rivers' word I'd say Weezer but more likely Royal Blood or TLSP.

If they have new music coming out around August then you me at six potentially followed by a co-headline next year

6 minutes ago, zak14 said:

If they have new music coming out around August then you me at six potentially followed by a co-headline next year

I wouldn't count on new music by August sadly. Josh Franchesci last posted on Twitter about two months ago saying he was leaving social media for a while until he/they have the new everyone wanted. Basically he got sick of people harrassing and rushing them into making new music. Could be looking at a long break from them.

Royal Blood is my guess for a secret set too, if there is one. They will probably be releasing their new album around that time and they're pretty much nailed on to be getting at least a sub spot next year, so it would be similar to the position Foals were in when they did their secret set.

3 hours ago, 6daviesdr said:

Yes i know that'd make even less sense (even though it'd be fine with me).. That's why i said to finish before fob, rather than finish before biffy.

Did you? I'm sorry :P
But then closing the Lock Up before both headliners is again stupid. Means there are around 3 or 4 less acts on the Lock Up as a result.

2 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

There is also Ho99o9 as well

2 hours ago, YoramG said:

Who do we reckon for secret set then? If I'm still desperately hanging on to Rivers' word I'd say Weezer but more likely Royal Blood or TLSP. Also, I definitely see a The Wonder Years sized slot below Sundara Karma on Saturday, would be a great way to open the day.

No way would The Wonder Years play below Sundara Karma and open the main. Could easily be two slots above them.

2 hours ago, KingPin said:

The instrumental parts are almost always boring, and I rarely relate to any of the lyrics which is supposed to be the whole point of the music, and I also don't really hold lyrics that highly in how I rate and enjoy music, as for me lyrics are more a mechanism for using vocals which are just another instrument, I don't really care what's sung but how it's sung.

Lol wut? The only did lyrics didn't matter was when Converge released Jane Doe

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

If you like emo/basementy stuff Superheaven, Beach Slang, Waterparks, Modern Baseball and Citizen are all good

You got it! Except I did give Waterparks a listen once and they weren't too my liking but the rest are good

Saw letlive. tonight and why the hell didn't R&L get them? They killed it.

Also the more I listen to the new Sorority Noise EP the more I love it and I think it is great. Is a bit out there at times and it sounds more like gentler more depressing Bon Iver than the Indie Emo Pop Punk they first started as. Would be great to see them low down on the Lock Up though

7 minutes ago, dip said:

Moose Blood won't be announced until after Slam Dunk

Moose blood have said on their Twitter that they aren't playing this year. Shame really - their current tour is completely sold out, their album drops at the beginning of August and r+l would be perfect exposure for their October tour. Doesn't make sense to me, but there ya go

6 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

To early to really be of much use, but a rough clashfinder based on last years times (plus a bit of adjustment for coheadliners and such) over here. 

I guess some stages will finish earlier again this year, not sure which ones though. 

Dance stage should be moved down on the Friday. Jack u won't clash with oliver heldens

Foals, Biffy Clyro, RHCP, Disclosure, Chvrches, Courteeners, Vaccines, BBK, EODM, Die Antwoord, Skindred, Coheed & Cambria, Frank Carter, Frank Turner, Jack U, Crystal Castles, Nas, The Internet, Hinds, Jack Garratt, Netsky, Cage The Elephant, Savages, Wombats, Basement, Jauz, Low Steppa, Sophie, Danny L Harle, My Nu Leng, Birdy Nam Nam, Mastodon, TDEP, Kvelertak, Thrice, Citizen, Superheaven, Milk Teeth, Heck, The King Blues, Modern Baseball, Beach Slang, Pulled Apart By Horses, LUH, Eagulls, Inheaven, Little Simz, Lady Leshurr, Anderson Paak.

There's more than enough for me personally.

Also wtf is anyone talking about LUH?!

Fucking LUH !!

7 hours ago, justanothername said:

Did you? I'm sorry :P
But then closing the Lock Up before both headliners is again stupid. Means there are around 3 or 4 less acts on the Lock Up as a result.

Yeah i know. It was hopeful more than anything else. A more realistic sinario would be to have them start like 10mins after fob finish so only the first half hour of biffy is missed. They'll probably just full on clash though, and I'll only catch the first 30mins of biffy. That is if biffy actually get the full 1.5hour set it's been said they'll get.

14 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

To early to really be of much use, but a rough clashfinder based on last years times (plus a bit of adjustment for coheadliners and such) over here. 

I guess some stages will finish earlier again this year, not sure which ones though. 

I made a bunch of adjustments and it seems like you just got rid of them? Why make it open for anyone to edit if you aren't gonna accept other adjustments?