Tame Impala

Brad2434

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitchfork review has dropped and they've slapped a 9.3 on it (Lonerism and Innerspeaker got 9 and 8.5 respectively) so they have it on level pegging with Kendrick, Sufjan and Jamie XX.

Stream here if you haven't heard yet.

Absolutely baffled by that score. No way is this album up there with those three/a contender for album of the year. Even the most positive reviews for it have all generally agreed that it's not as good as Lonerism. Pitchfork do talk some utter bollocks sometimes

Gonna go back and listen to it sometime soon with my expectations now significantly lowered

• 1 month later...

http://www.seetickets.com/tour/tame-impala/?aff=efestivals

Well I knew they were gonna get a bit of a boost now they've gained a bit more popularity but Manchester Arena???

We can probably start talking about them for Other Stage headliners now. And I was still picturing them headlining John Peel next year!

Edited by dentalplan

http://www.seetickets.com/tour/tame-impala/?aff=efestivals

Well I knew they were gonna get a bit of a boost now they've gained a bit more popularity but Manchester Arena???

We can probably start talking about them for Other Stage headliners now. And I was still picturing them headlining John Peel next year!

Yeah, I think I'll have to abandon my hopes of seeing them in a tent next year. Could they work on WH?

Their recent setlists are killer btw!

Manchester Arena!? sounds like it's gonna be another Vampire Weekend situation where a band books arenas but doesn't nearly have the capability to sell em out. imagine the top tiers will be sectioned off

as for Glastonbury, subbing Other seems about right to me - i just can't see them headlining it. maybe third on Pyramid

guess i better make the most of seeing them in a tent at Bestival on Friday because from the looks of it it'll be my last chance

Vampire Weekend's whole tour was a fair bit bigger though. They had three more arenas to sell and a bigger venue in London so I can't see it being that bad.

Here's official and presale details.

UK 2016 11 FEB - Manchester Arena 12 FEB - Alexandra Palace, London Pre-sale 9am WED 9 Sept /Cpm5DtO0CS pic.twitter.com/SXwPMnDhCY

— Tame Impala (@tameimpala)

September 8, 2015

ahh just the two venues? they'll probably fare a bit better than, but it still seems like a huge leap - one that seems to be being made more and more often when American acts tour over here

a shame that we never got that JP headline spot out of them as that would've been the perfect venue for them at Glastonbury. they haven't done too well out in the open (i enjoyed them in '13 but i know a lot of people didn't)

Think I might make the journey accross to Ally Pally for this one. Shame they are playing such massive rooms, but they are pretty popular these days. I expect they might top quite a few album of the year lists by Christmas as well.

I wonder why they are only doing two dates though (although I agree they might add another night to AP).

Tell me about it. I live in West Country (West West yo) and I'm going to have to make a pilgramage to the capital.

Word. I'd have no chance otherwise!

I can still do gigs on school nights living in London (Hampton) but as the trains are a pain getting back from Waterloo it is a right faff getting back at a reasonable time to guarantee sleep for the next day. Some venues are ok if you can get to them easy enough on the Victoria Line ie Brixton but AP is pretty much as far as you can get from me without leaving London so I am glad for the Friday!

And at £25 I will definitely try and grab myself a ticket. Bargain. Haven't seen TI headline yet, only time was Other in 2013 - I thought that they were epic but the fact I was with my mate Billy (some of you won't get this) and stoned off my bonce probably helped!

Very keen to see Tame Impala so I reckon I'll definitely get a ticket for the Ally Pally date. Though this is dependent on uni commitments which is impossible to tell this far ahead, being on a Friday makes it easier and I guess I can skip some classes to give me time to get to London if I have to. :P

Absolutely baffled by that score. No way is this album up there with those three/a contender for album of the year. Even the most positive reviews for it have all generally agreed that it's not as good as Lonerism. Pitchfork do talk some utter bollocks sometimes

Gonna go back and listen to it sometime soon with my expectations now significantly lowered

I only listened to the album lately as I've never been too fussed about Tame Impala. It's the best album I've heard in years, absolutely fantastic stuff