simonsimondock

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summed up

there's been a lot to suggest they are at reading

there's been a few things to suggest they at glastonbury

neil said reading, so they are probably at reading.

But there is a slim chance they could do all three.

Edited by Matt42

I'd quite like to see them having only seen the doherty less incarnation at Leeds a good few year ago. Was there not a rumour on here that Carl had said they're playing?

That said, if they're headlining T, then I doubt they'd settle for anything less at Glastonbury.

why have they discounted Carl's sister saying that they were playing Glastonbury?

I've no idea, they might not be discounting - they might not even be right (although this poster has been spot on about the whole reunion thus far, even posting the Ally Pally gigs long before they were announced). Perhaps Glasto is also happening but not officially confirmed?

How many times has someone 'spoken to so and so' who are playing Glastonbury this year...

You would think if they're serious about this 'our biggest year ever' schtick that Glastonbury would be high on their agenda of things they'd want to do.

Would be a great Pyramid sub. Would they accept anything other than headlining though?

Carl seems to have a good relationship with the festival and has/does go even if he's not playing but I dunno if the others would be keen to play lower down.

I'm a big fan but I wouldn't vote for them as a Pyramid headliner, they could smash it as Other headliner though.

I don't believe the Glastonbury rumours are real either, but I can't discount them because they are there and they are consistant.

I'd like to think they'd be special guests of some sorts, heck even unannounced special guests so R&L doesn't get too pissed off!

Carl and Pete have a relationship with Glasto, I can highly imagine them not giving a fuck about exclusives and wanting to do as many tests as possible.

Plus acts being billed as "special guests" to cater to the needs of other festivals is not uncommon/impossible now is it? :P

Edited by Matt42

They're headlining T in the Park, what does this mean for Glastonbury please?

I believe they're also headlining Reading/Leeds, and in standard Melvin Benn world that would mean they're not doing Glastonbury. Melvin loves an exclusive for his headliners.

However, The Libs are in an odd place for a band, where they're now trying to do all the things they didn't do when they were popular, so who knows?

Is it fair to say there's also no rush to play several festivals this year if they're genuinely trying to make a go at becoming a fully functioning band again (releasing albums etc...)

Edit: To clarify I'm saying there may be no need for them to play Glastonbury if they're not offered a headline set yet

Edited by TomViolence

Is it fair to say there's also no rush to play several festivals this year if they're genuinely trying to make a go at becoming a fully functioning band again (releasing albums etc...)

Edit: To clarify I'm saying there may be no need for them to play Glastonbury if they're not offered a headline set yet

I'd say they're cashing in and cleaning up this summer. I'd be surprised if there's really much more planned going beyond that.

Edited by eFestivals