Tickets not available by phone

Guest stardustjunkie

that's probably for the best by a long way - i always feel massive pity for the folk trying on the phones like the story just the other day where the guy had snuck off to sainsbury's car park to try and call to avoid awkward breakup/glasto action.... he never stood a chance.

it will save people a lot of aggro.

And saves people listening to an engaged tone for over two hours and having a ringing in your ear for the rest of the day like me last year.

Exactly. Considering they assigned only a handful of thousand tickets to the phone lines and only a few people it's madness even letting you think you had a chance

I think the idea was that it was only for folk without internet access, but everyone just hammers everything at once :( life outside the fence eh

For what it's worth, I got through quite quickly on the phone in 2009. In fact it might have been the quickest I've ever got a ticket.

It was quite disconcerting not getting any email confirmation though - I felt distinctly uneasy until I saw the money disappear from my account. :lol:

We got our tickets by phone last year and also got through on the resale in April for friends. Had started to think that this was my "lucky" method and was kind of banking on that again this year :( I was also hitting the website at the same time...just happened to get through on the phone).

Edited by Pear_Cider

When getting a Glastonbury ticket first started to become a bit of a competition, someone I used to know always used the telephone number for those dialing from abroad and never failed to get in. Things are so much tighter controlled now in getting a ticket. That said, from what I saw last year, not having a ticket is no great barrier to getting in.

I think its a pretty crappy thing to be honest. I know a few of people of a more mature age who really struggle with computers. They'd be pretty stuck if they were relying on the internet to buy tickets.

There's a lot of assumptions from society that everyone is digitally savvy these days.

I think its a pretty crappy thing to be honest. I know a few of people of a more mature age who really struggle with computers. They'd be pretty stuck if they were relying on the internet to buy tickets.

There's a lot of assumptions from society that everyone is digitally savvy these days.

I don't think there's a lot of assumptions, but what's the point in giving a telephone number for those that aren't digitally savvy is everyone that is digitally savvy is also clogging it up? It renders it useless, the purpose was presumably so that those without internet could buy tickets still, but everyone with internet is bashing the phone number in too.

I don't think there's a lot of assumptions, but what's the point in giving a telephone number for those that aren't digitally savvy is everyone that is digitally savvy is also clogging it up? It renders it useless, the purpose was presumably so that those without internet could buy tickets still, but everyone with internet is bashing the phone number in too.

That they would still have a chance by being able to phone? Even if internet peeps are clogging up, they will be concentrating on the computer anyway mainly.

So its possible a few got through as opposoed to none with out the number :P

Agreed. I work with a lot of older folks who won't go near a computer, or a mobile. I don't like the way people are being pushed into it, if for some reason they do not want to do it that way.