2014 1st headliner

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one dont understand all the Nickelback hate, if people listened to their albums they are great, fair enough if people dont like them but the hate for them is really strange, I will say the songs they release as singles are usually not the best and the best songs are the rest on the albums

I for one dont understand all the Nickelback hate, if people listened to their albums they are great, fair enough if people dont like them but the hate for them is really strange, I will say the songs they release as singles are usually not the best and the best songs are the rest on the albums

No issues with Nickleback. I won't be watching them most likely but they shift enough tickets on their own. I'm seeing them in Glasgow later in the year, grudgingly, and they put on a fairly good show. They're a huge band in roughly the right genre that can inject something new into the fest. We can't have Def Leppard and BFMV every year now can we? Actually I find them less cheesy than Def Leppard.

No issues with Nickleback. I won't be watching them most likely but they shift enough tickets on their own. I'm seeing them in Glasgow later in the year, grudgingly, and they put on a fairly good show. They're a huge band in roughly the right genre that can inject something new into the fest. We can't have Def Leppard and BFMV every year now can we? Actually I find them less cheesy than Def Leppard.

2 of my gang love them, I was over ruled, it was going to be my first gig in the hydro and I fancied a night out in Glasgow. Then Alterbridge, Sabbath etc were announced and I am kinda regretting saying yes but what the hell, I did actually enjoy some of their show last time. Unless you wanna buy my ticket? It was a sell out in Newcastle, they're a popular band.

The issue is because there is only one major heavy festival in the UK despite the general climate towards festivals being very hostile Download is probably the only festival along with Glasto that can get away with duff bookings.

If any one of R&L/V/IOW/T in the Park book poorly a large amount of their audience can be accommodated by other festivals however Download has a niche that it has a near total monopoly over; if routine goers don't like the line-up there won't really be anywhere else for them to go, so they'll probably bite the bullet, buy a ticket and hope there are some good acts on the undercard.