NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought into EA's hype machine and upgraded to BF4 premium to get the early access to the new maps and stuff. Really impressed with the new maps, particularly in TDM mode. If any BF4 owners here are wondering whether to purchase the China Rising pack when it is released I'd recommend it.

Shame I have to go to work now :s Guess I'll be playing in the morning :)

Yeah Paul they've already started work on GT7 for PS4 mate. They confirmed it on the PS Blog some time in the summer. Doubt it'll be out until 2015 though.

GT6 will probably be digital on PS4 next year I reckon.

Thanks mate

yay GoW :D Never actually played it, as I went off my xbox quite a bit at uni (Steam Sales/other ways of getting games on the laptop VS. paying 40 quid a game...mhmm), so its only been the last year or so I've started using it again.

I wonder if the download will work this time, I never quite managed to with Halo the other week. (I gave up trying in the end)

You initiating the download from the Xbox or the MS website?

Do you have the Xbox's "continue to download even when I turn the machine off" setting enabled?

Finally... double check HDD free space?

The Skyrim DLC is on sale on Xbox Live.

Is it worth getting? I haven't had proper chance to play the main game yet but happy to buy it and 'bank' it for six months down the line.

I put about 350 hours into the main game. So, probably not!

Also, unless they have fixed it, the Vampire one sends flocks of Vampires after you. Fine. Except... they can also attack and kill NPCs who would otherwise have given you interesting - if not story critical - quests. So, don't get that one.

I'm on lap 50 of 78 of Cote d'Azur on Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, still such a fantastic game (although the AI can be exploited too easily if you have a 800hp+ monster). Polyphony really put the effort into these games so I can understand why they wouldn't want the risk of GT6 under performing on PS4. They probably started making the game so long ago that there wasn't any hardware to even produce the game for the new PS4 architecture at that time (maybe).

£120 for a car though, it better be better than the Escudo Pikes Peak.

That is utterly bonkers! :D

In other news, Doom was 20 years old yesterday. The template on which all first person shooters have been built. There were a few other FPSs before it (e.g. Wolfenstein), but it was Doom which really did something special with the format for the first time, and it was also the first multiplayer FPS.

I remember me and a few of my friends taking our PCs round each other's houses, linking them together with serial cables and playing multiplayer Doom. At the time it was utterly mind blowing. I used to download WAD files from dial-up BBSs as well! Its amazing how far games and technology have come in that time.

If you never used a BBS, here's how Google would have looked if it existed 20 years ago!

http://www.masswerk.at/googleBBS/ :D

Leaving PS Plus:

24th December: Grid 2
24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
8th January: Contrast (PS4)

Entering PS Plus:

24th December: DmC Devil May Cry
24th December: Borderlands 2
24th December: Soul Sacrifice
24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
8th January: Don’t Starve (PS4)