3rd Headliner just confirmed

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Arcade Fire it would seem :(

RDB on Twitter: "And no arcade fire are not playin @Bestival but soulwax are..and bringin their 2manydjs alter egos! Happy days :)"

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008

Arcade Fire for 2013, I hope. If Glastonbury don't mind (presuming they're pretty likely for there).

Wednesday is such a mystery, it's unbelievable how little we know haha.

I'm going to keep thinking it's a crappy act, that way I wont moan if it isn't that great. Not that I should moan, plenty more to see. Sunday big top is looking mighty fine.

Chemicals have headlined before. I'd bloody love for them to play again though.

Aphex Twin would be good, not sure about finishing the weekend main stage though. Gorillaz would probably fit Sunday pretty well. Blur would be incredible. MGMT probably aren't big enough.

I wrote a big paragraph speculating on certain acts who could do it like Aphex Twin (who could nail it I think, but perhaps unlikely) then deleted it all because I realised I have absolutely no idea who it could be.

Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

Are the Stone ROses any kind of exclusive at V?

Only because a while ago when they announced the heaton park gigs rob said he would absolutly love them to play bestival but wouls be priced out/ too big, maybe they are the big one that he has sPent all the money on as this was last year

No one has really mentioned them in any of the threads and cant

remember them being fully discounted, obviously i could and am most likely wrong like everyone else

Damn it, that's not looking good... I like Placebo, but they don't have that wow factor that Bestival headliners usually provide, unless they're playing one of their older albums in full or something? But even so it's a bit meh.

If it is them, I'd expect the last headliner to be amazing: like Prince, Kate Bush, Talking Heads kind of amazing... because Placebo & New Order can't have cost very much, especially compared to last years headliners.

Damn it, that's not looking good... I like Placebo, but they don't have that wow factor that Bestival headliners usually provide, unless they're playing one of their older albums in full or something? But even so it's a bit meh.

If it is them, I'd expect the last headliner to be amazing: like Prince, Kate Bush, Talking Heads kind of amazing... because Placebo & New Order can't have cost very much, especially compared to last years headliners.

Having seen Placebo at Reading in 2009 I was hugely underwhelmed by their performance, it was very dull and I can't help thinking that they are absolutely nowhere near big enough to headline a festival of Bestivals size - to be fair though I'm not hugely bothered by who headlines because the last 2 years I have been to Bestival I have always found myself wandering around somewhere else when the headliners are on stage.

If it was Portishead being announced though I would be very excited.....it won't be though.