Who are your top five acts to see right now?

bennyhana22

13 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Can someone explain what the appeal of Baxter dury is, just don't get it. Any go to songs/albums to help me understand?

You don't have to love everything. If you've listened to his top tracks and you don't like it that's fine. Not everything is for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Very interesting question and honestly I think until the full line up with clashes comes out I probably can't fully answer it as things I really want to see will undoubtedly clash. I will definitely have a chock full schedule. There are a lot of acts I will undoubtedly see that I have seen many times before so I'll try and answer just from acts I have never seen yet.

Jessie Ware

Romy/Bob Vylan - These 2 are likely to clash which is heartbreaking for me

Cyndi Lauper/Avril Lavigne - the kind of acts I'd only ever get to see at Glastonbury

Newdad

The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican - what can I say I'm  Waterford girl Val Doonican is one of our own 😄 

I've bought tickets to see Janelle Monae, Fontaines DC and Sprints in case it helps with clashes.

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

You don't have to love everything. If you've listened to his top tracks and you don't like it that's fine. Not everything is for everyone.

But I want to love everything! 

Haha fair enough just trying to figure out what people see in his music.

4 minutes ago, Neverneverland said:

The National/Cat Empire (struggling with this clash)

Are they definitely clashing I believe The Feeling have been announced as the Sunday headliner for Avalon?

Just now, Scrump said:

But I want to love everything! 

Haha fair enough just trying to figure out what people see in his music.

I've done it myself with some acts that I think I should like but music gives you an emotional reaction. It either gets you in the feels or it doesn't. Just because it doesn't do it for you doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not for you and that's perfectly ok. There are some huge acts that I don't get at all and some tiny acts that I think are so talented they should be filling stadiums.

If you've given someone a fair crack of the whip I say move on and find the next thing you love instead.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

Doubtless this would be different after the event as there's loads of acts I've not heard of, but at the moment....

Faithless

Fatboy Slim

Justice

Orbital

The Orb

With the exception of FBS this is decent

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Are they definitely clashing I believe The Feeling have been announced as the Sunday headliner for Avalon?

To be honest i'm just going by the clashfinder so if there's no clash i'll be very happy, although imagine it will just create another clash somewhere else as the line up is great for me this year. Good problems to have though!

Just now, Skip997 said:

With the exception of FBS this is decent

lol thank you!

I'm additionally sorry to say it was watching FBS on Beeb last year that helped make my mind up I had to be at G in person! Must be my age!!

1 minute ago, LateStarter50 said:

lol thank you!

I'm additionally sorry to say it was watching FBS on Beeb last year that helped make my mind up I had to be at G in person! Must be my age!!

hes great fun ... really enjoyed that set at the park 🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neverneverland said:

To be honest i'm just going by the clashfinder so if there's no clash i'll be very happy, although imagine it will just create another clash somewhere else as the line up is great for me this year. Good problems to have though!

Fingers crossed you get to see them both. Always great when you think you have a clash but it all works out in the end.