Croissant Neuf

Avalon_Fields

10 minutes ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Jesca Hoop is wonderful live. She did an album with Sam Beam (Iron & Wine) a few years back and i watched them at End of the Road. Amazing voice 🙂

Just been scoping her stuff out, she sounds great!

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

Tbh it wasn't as rammed last year as previous years, I think having them on Friday helped. Hoping they pop up on the line up elsewhere...

Oh okay, just what I'd read on here. I regretted it a little not making the effort to go there. We went levels for the secret fatboy slim set instead...which alright

48 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Oh okay, just what I'd read on here. I regretted it a little not making the effort to go there. We went levels for the secret fatboy slim set instead...which alright

I hadn’t been in previous years but it was pretty rammed for ROTN last year in Croissant Neuf. Brilliant, but it got really hot and I almost fainted and had to go outside for some air and water 🤣 then hard to get back in after. Larger venue for them would be great. Fingers crossed. 

33 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

No Rhythm of the 90s! They have defo outgrown that tent, so hopefully on somewhere else but them and Baggy Mondays are mainstays every year

They actually didn't do 2022, one of the years at least. I think they would make a great act to open Woodsies or something.

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Moya Brennan might be quite popular, she's Enya's sister and has a bit of a following

She should draw a decent crowd, think was in the Acoustic Tent last time she was there. 

3 hours ago, Nelvis said:

Good to see Mad Dog McRea back - I think it’s been a few years 

Always great fun! Last saw them in Toad Hall in 2017 I think. Imagine they'll appear at a couple of the other Green Futures stages across the weekend. 

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

OMFG! No Steve Knightley? And we know he's at the festival (Left Field). Must've been a bust up 🤣

Saw Bakery at Avalon a couple of years back; they're amazing? Rainbow Girls are cool too, but never seen them live. Good lineup!

Sure he'll also pop up at Small World/Toad Hall if he's about over the weekend. See him about quite often as he lives near me, if I remember I'll ask if there's any other slots planned.

23 minutes ago, northernangel said:

They actually didn't do 2022, one of the years at least. I think they would make a great act to open Woodsies or something.

Oh yeah. This rings a bell now. 

If it’s all done for crowd control, then I’d expect changes at the Stonebridge on the Thursday 

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Are you sure?

Yes, 2022 at Avalon, fairly early in the day. But yeah, Baskery, not Bakery (if you were being pedantic 😝). Silly autocorrect.

39 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

Oh yeah. This rings a bell now. 

If it’s all done for crowd control, then I’d expect changes at the Stonebridge on the Thursday 

I honestly think one of the issues here is they pushed Baggy Mondays a few hours early to like 3:30pm from around 6:30pm time. I there are bits and bone but I always feel like my festival properly started when I'm pissed up at Baggys and at 3:30pm Thursday there isn't really that much worth missing for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Yes, 2022 at Avalon, fairly early in the day. But yeah, Baskery, not Bakery (if you were being pedantic 😝). Silly autocorrect.

Haha, I was being pedantic but it was the question mark after amazing that I was referencing. I've never heard of them before so I'm just glad to have another recommended band to add to my listening list 🙏

26 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Haha, I was being pedantic but it was the question mark after amazing that I was referencing. I've never heard of them before so I'm just glad to have another recommended band to add to my listening list 🙏

They're Scandinavian (Swedish I think), and last time they downed instruments and did a traditional Midsummer song a capella, and it was so beautiful. Brought me to tears ❤️ wish I could remember the song.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Franky said:

What the actual f**k????

No Showhawk Duo on the bandstand? 

erm where's that come from ? they play the other bandstand .... not the one in croissant neuf which I also made the error of last time 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

erm where's that come from ? they play the other bandstand .... not the one in croissant neuf which I also made the error of last time 

I also just wouldn’t be surprised either after last year, we got there early luckily but the whole area got shut down. Hope they are there but would be surprised if they aren’t moved somewhere bigger, not sure where though it sooooo packed 

1 minute ago, Claire0406 said:

I also just wouldn’t be surprised either after last year, we got there early luckily but the whole area got shut down. Hope they are there but would be surprised if they aren’t moved somewhere bigger, not sure where though it sooooo packed 

they play loads over the festival ... was busy because of timing . they are great but anything on the Thurs is rammed 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ooooooppps. 

hands up ! My error. 

sorry folks. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they play loads over the festival ... was busy because of timing . they are great but anything on the Thurs is rammed 

Oh for sure, they’ll be there somewhere, we’ve always gone to see them Thursday at 5pm, it’s our little ritual, after the pink party under the pyramid tree, I definitely think they’re popularity has grown over the last few years (very well deserved) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claire0406 said:

Oh for sure, they’ll be there somewhere, we’ve always gone to see them Thursday at 5pm, it’s our little ritual, after the pink party under the pyramid tree, I definitely think they’re popularity has grown over the last few years (very well deserved) 

from memory they do miss the odd year . hopefully will be there though 

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I recognise the name Jesca Hoop, but can't think were from or bring to mind any of her stuff.  Is she a fave of 6Music?

yeah, shes part of the guy garvey circle.