Left Field

Avalon_Fields

13 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

daft question but is the left field stage two words? ive always written it as 2 (if my dyslexia is playing ball) because im sure thats how it is on site. and ive always done leftfield the band as one word. but I just saw on the glasto spotify genre that theyre writing the left field stage as one word. thoughts? is it even worth caring about? lol

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/here-is-the-line-up-for-left-field-at-this-years-festival/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

it just you that seems confused

no. ive been getting it right. I want to know why people keep getting it wrong...including spotify 

Edited by Nuthugger

On 5/1/2024 at 8:02 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Bit disappointed about that, saw them in Glasgow few months ago and they were really good. Could easily get a big crowd on one of the main stages. 

Part of only doing one show at the festival is that it avoids spreading out your fans. You're more likely to get booked the following year if 2000 people come to see you at Leftfield or Avalon, than if 1000 people do and the others go see at Strummerville/Bandstand/Shangri-La or whatever.

The medium-big stages all have quotas they're meant to meet in terms of audience numbers (so that people are spread out around the site) so it creates difficulty for them when an artist takes their free ticket and fee, and then does six other shows during the festival.

It's also why you sometimes just see a single Beans on Toast gig on the initial line-up and the other ones are "secret sets" because there's a desire to ensure that most of the fans go to the big show.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hurdy said:

Bonus points for Yer Da🤣

I think "ULEZ -Useless more like" was my favourite. It's exactly the sort of 'joke' these pricks make, usually while complaining about "so called comedians". 

Lovely bit of business.

• Upvote 1