Silver Hayes Lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Any recommended YT sets from that lineup you can link me to?

Stingray aside who else has caught your eye there? Any recommendations gratefully received. 

Check out Dar Disku, Job Jobse, Haai b2b Saoirse, Craig Richards, Palms Trax, Dan Shake, Paranoid London. There's so many on there worthy of a listen, tbh. 

What kind of electronica do you like?

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Check out Dar Disku, Job Jobse, Haai b2b Saoirse, Craig Richards, Palms Trax, Dan Shake, Paranoid London. There's so many on there worthy of a listen, tbh. 

Pretty new to the genre so I’m not really au fait with all the names of the subgenres yet.

Artists in the genre that I like are Burial, Solomun, The Avalanches, Chromeo, Luude, Fred Again, Mall Grab, Max Cooper, Jasper Tygner, Kaskade, Nicolas Jaar, Sherelle, Orbital, Barry Can’t Swim, LCD Soundsystem, Porij, Nia Archives. I appreciate I’m probably jumping about all over the place with different kinds of electronica there. 

28 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Also, thank you for the recommendations. Just saved a bunch of their sets to my ‘Watch Later’ on YouTube. 

Crazy P, I,Jordan, Romy, Kelly Lee Owens, Bonobo, Groove Armada, Dan Shake, Elkka and Palms Trax are notable for me. Anyone more knowledgable on the genre recommend any others based upon them?

Very very very happy with this, such a stacked lineup for me - here are a few standouts for me, defo missing a few, and that is before I even begin to delve into the artists I am not already familiar with. 

Thursday:

Dove (BICEP)

Dr. Banana x Lukas Wigflex

Joy Orbison

Skream & Benga

AHADADREAM b2b Nikki Nair b2b Raji Rags

Friday:

ANOTR

Bonobo

Charli XCX (DJ Set)

Midland

Crazy P (Live)

Gorgon City

SG Lewis b2b TBA

Coast 2 Coast (Gene & The Ghost)

Palms Trax

CC:DISCO!

Chaos In The CBD
Sally C

Saturday:

ALISHA b2b Archie Hamilton

Carlita

Dan Shake b2b Lovefoxy

Jamie Jones

CASisDEAD

Gabrielle Kwarteng b2b Shanti Celeste

HAAi b2b Saorise

Job Jobse

BAKEY (ft. Who Knew)

Sunday:

Dr. Dubplate b2b Todd Edwards

Girls Don’t Sync

Interplanetary Criminal

JYOTY x Lil Silva x Sampha (DJ Set)

Sammy Virji

Elkka (Live)

Enzo Siragusa b2b Traumer

Lauren Lo Sung

Rossi.

DJ Stingray 313

Craig Richards b2b Francesco Del Garda

Goldie

40 minutes ago, DJL said:

Crazy P, I,Jordan, Romy, Kelly Lee Owens, Bonobo, Groove Armada, Dan Shake, Elkka and Palms Trax are notable for me. Anyone more knowledgable on the genre recommend any others based upon them?

If you like Palms Trax then Midland would be up your street

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LeFreak said:

That's the first area announcement that's gotten me excited. Palms Trax, Job Jobse, Luke Una, Crazy P, Midland and a good few more I'd happily go and see. Without doing any digging into the 70% of names I don't recognise. 

Only gripe would be that the Friday across the festival is gonna be clash city. Sunday by comparison will be a struggle to fill, so far. 

Agree with all this! You have similar taste to me, i’d add optimo to your list if you like those 👌🏼

the friday, as every year, looks mad already yep. I dont have a definite headliner yet so will see what the full lineup brings

always seems to be the friday each year that is the really clashy one

ok, so i know there is the "teachings in dub" half day takeover at Firmly Rooted, but i really wish they would just stick a tent in a corner somewhere dedicated to 24/7 roots / dub / reggae.

they tried it a few years ago with the "Greenhouse"* stage - but that was there once and never seen again for some reason.

and i had some of the best times ever at The Blues stage in 2014.

why can't they just get the guys who used to run the Dubshack at One Love Festival (Instrument of Jah i think?) to have a little tent somewhere?

why is the genre so ignored these days?

*Greenhouse stage was over in Shangri-La somewhere, not Silver Hayes.. but still...

Edited by -TLR-
stage location
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Definitely not live. It’s either chroma (dj set with fancy lights) or just a DJ set. I’d suggest the latter 

Sounds like Dove is a new experimental, improvised live concept, not Chroma - which makes sense given Levels didn’t have screens last year and they are rumoured to be doing that at IICON.

26 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

ok, so i know there is the "teachings in dub" half day takeover at Firmly Rooted, but i really wish they would just stick a tent in a corner somewhere dedicated to 24/7 roots / dub / reggae.

they tried it a few years ago with the "Greenhouse"* stage - but that was there once and never seen again for some reason.

why can't they just get the guys who used to run the Dubshack at One Love Festival (Instrument of Jah i think?) to have a little tent somewhere?

*Greenhouse stage was over in Shangri-La somewhere, not Silver Hayes.. but still...

Completely agree. Suppose there is also Babylon uprising but a sound like Firmly Rooted is built for roots, dub, steppas, jungle, 140. Most smaller festivals have a reggae sound playing all weekend, seems a odd omission given there's hundreds in the country willing to do it. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gblock said:

I’m all over Fat Dog @ lonely hearts on Sunday - do they usually have guitar bands on that stage? Thinking it’ll be an early afternoon set

Saw Gabriel’s on there in 2022, so yeh, they do sometimes have ‘bands’ sometimes on there 

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Some great stuff. But...

Was really hoping for another Saturday evening Ben Bohmer/ anjunadeep, type act. Also hoping the missing prog house acts from Glade had moved here but sadly not (Sasha/ Digweed/ Warren etc).

Am I right there isn't one act that's deep house/ anjunadeep/ prog/ trance?

Job Jobse sometimes does a decent set of this (his essential mix was sublime) so hope to catch him.

Please recommend if I have missed someone.

For me exactly this....normally there is loads of stuff I'm into but very little this year over the whole line up that I'm excited about. Job Jobse is one of my must see's though although he does play different styles. Sure I'll still have the time of my life and make new discoveries

15 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

For me exactly this....normally there is loads of stuff I'm into but very little this year over the whole line up that I'm excited about. Job Jobse is one of my must see's though although he does play different styles. Sure I'll still have the time of my life and make new discoveries

His Essential Mix is great: 

and this set is awesome: 

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

I don't recall it ever being any different, I get my Reggae fill elsewhere - this year it will be at Rototom.

I find it a bit odd that they've pushed Afrobeat/Afrofusion from virtually no where to some pretty big slots but at the same time have mostly ignored Reggae/dancehall/reggaeton. As you say, a marquee and sound system isn't a lot to ask...

They've had dedicated reggae spaces in the past.  There was a sound clash stage for a while and also a reggae stage called - I think - the Greenhouse.  The Gully also had a lot of reggae.

In terms of the main stages there's quite often some large-ish names.  Slim pickings this year though I think, with the exception of The Skatalites and Steel Pulse.

Levels will be rammed as most going to the Dove (Bicep) Dj set won't realise it is just DJing and not their live show.

That said if they don't know, then these same people won't know the bicep albums anyway and won't care or notice the difference as long as they get 'Glue' in the last 10mins so they can film it on their phones.

I have no idea what my point is.

Edited by danbailey80