New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

My only real concern about this site is what will the level of fencing be round it. Will it just be Harras fencing or will they have superfence style panels. I would be concerned if it was just the former. 

What’s around Sticklinch and Worthy View? 

3 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

We have the same plan and someone in our group has flagged this in the FAQs, assuming if a late arrival turns up and the lead booker meets them it'll be fine though?

image.thumb.png.6a678e97b97171475b9b3b37573a8ab6.png

Yeah, I’ll just meet the stragglers when they arrive and get wristbands sorted for them. 

I've said to friends in the past that I would happily part with £100 just to have a parking spot near the entrance and a pitch to put my tent on inside the fence as I like being 'in the action'....although I get why that would never happen. 

This seems to be a halfway house on it....although all the 'glamping' stuff I would never use I don't think (never done glamping for the record!)

11 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

My only real concern about this site is what will the level of fencing be round it. Will it just be Harras fencing or will they have superfence style panels. I would be concerned if it was just the former. 

Can't see it being anything like the superfence, they claim to have security on patrol. I've camped in the campervan field previously and anyone can walk into that field and I haven't had issues.

I remember a few years ago reading that security didn't turn up for their shift at lovefields camping and there were thefts from tents, I'll be staying at holt farm and I'm treating it like as if I was in regular camping, not leaving anything valuable in the tent.

Its run by yurtel, so I'm expecting it to be a decent setup.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think these times need to be updated tbh. Other to the Pyramid took about 45 minutes after Fred, lol. Pyramid to WH in 10 minutes? Maybe if the site is dead with no turnover, which during the bulk of Fri-Sun it won't be. 

Feel free to share further there

12 minutes ago, Long Drop said:

Can't see it being anything like the superfence, they claim to have security on patrol. I've camped in the campervan field previously and anyone can walk into that field and I haven't had issues.

I remember a few years ago reading that security didn't turn up for their shift at lovefields camping and there were thefts from tents, I'll be staying at holt farm and I'm treating it like as if I was in regular camping, not leaving anything valuable in the tent.

Its run by yurtel, so I'm expecting it to be a decent setup.

This exactly!

Was about to ask where the lockups near PGD are? Generally stay over the other side of the site so unfamiliar with this neck of the woods, but will be dropping anything worth nicking in there once pitched and on my first foray inside. 

Edit: Looks like the ones at Bushy Ground appear the be closest!

Edited by Toilet Duck

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

This exactly!

Was about to ask where the lockups near PGD are? Generally stay over the other side of the site so unfamiliar with this neck of the woods, but will be dropping anything worth nicking in there once pitched and on my first foray inside. 

Apparently there will be lockers available, I've used something similar at download for £20 and it was worth it for the charging point. (I can see it being more than that here)

image.png.b02aa0d07972dfe1fb07adbf67de30eb.png

But good shout on the near by lockups.

Edited by Long Drop
  • Thanks 1

Actually, just realised that it's back to the old festival ticket and pass out messing like when we used to bring the van. Not generally a problem for me, but some of the eejits I'm with will definitely be panic stricken looking for their ticket to get in or out at some point! 😁

57 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

There’s one parking spot for £100. Not sure if they sell extra. We’ve two cars between 6 of us, so booked 2 pitches with parking spots and a 3rd pitch with no parking. Considering general parking is £55 in advance or likely to be £60-65 on the gate, for a 100m trek from car to tent, it’s not bad between 3!

I know it's too late now but for future Glastonbury's wouldn't hiring a big caravan and having it delivered to CV east quiet work out cheaper and alot easier for you all as you wouldn't need any gear apart from your clothes and your then 10/15 mins away from gate C. I think a caravan is about £800 that would accommodate all of you

Edit maybe not cheaper but not far off but definitely easier 

Edited by gazzared

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

I know it's too late now but for future Glastonbury's wouldn't hiring a big caravan and having it delivered to CV east quiet work out cheaper and alot easier if your as you wouldn't need any gear apart from your clothes and your then 10/15 mins away from gate C. I think a caravan is about £800 that would accommodate all of you

I guess the genie is out of the bottle now, who knows what we'll do in future! Will see what this is like this year, have been religiously camped in Lime Kiln for years, so it'll be a new experience. 

• Like 1

Probably a silly question but assume we will get off the coach, enter via gate A get festival wristband then walk through site out gate D to the camping as opposed to getting off the coach then heading to the camping and then in through gate D? 

5 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

Probably a silly question but assume we will get off the coach, enter via gate A get festival wristband then walk through site out gate D to the camping as opposed to getting off the coach then heading to the camping and then in through gate D? 

Yes, that's what I do for TF. In Gate A; get banded; pass out through PG B (for me).
From what I recall, walking along the roads outside the fest is discouraged.

14 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

Either or. Easier to walk from PGA to PGD outside the festival than through it to be honest. You can get your Holt Farm wristband first, set up, then head into the festival and collect your festival wristband then. 

Edit: no need to walk on roads, it's through the carpark from PGA to PGD, they're not that far from each other. 

image.thumb.png.b937a6a2f9b01c1ed50cf8f2593ebd10.png

Edited by Toilet Duck
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Either or. Easier to walk from PGA to PGD outside the festival than through it to be honest. You can get your Holt Farm wristband first, set up, then head into the festival and collect your festival wristband then. 

Edit: no need to walk on roads, it's through the carpark from PGA to PGD, they're not that far from each other. 

image.thumb.png.b937a6a2f9b01c1ed50cf8f2593ebd10.png

Thank you that's great to know 👍👍

3 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

This exactly!

Can't you just lock anything of value away in one of your cars?

4 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

First Glasto in five years and first in my 30s this sounds ideal. 5m x 5m doesn't sounds very big though. There is 10 of going split across probably 8 tents. Think we'd need three pitches?

We get our 4.2 metre caravan, an awning and a VW CC on a 6m x 7m pitch. Depending on the size of the tents you might squeeze on 2 but 3 would probably give a nice space for a comunal area in the middle. 🙂

On 4/26/2024 at 1:19 PM, Toilet Duck said:

This exactly!

Yep, that's right!

Floated this out to our group on Friday and we’ve all just booked it!  20 of us in total, over 5 plots. Think this could be a great option as we all have our own tents and gear, but the older ones in the group are mid-50’s. Flat ground, near the cars, midday Weds arrival. Plus the private facilities sound good. Will report back in July!

Does anyone know what the atmosphere is like at these private camping places? On paper it makes sense getting your whole group together without hassle, but we are a bit worried we won't be in amongst it and it would subtract from the overall experience somewhat.