A poll - First Lineup Poster 2024

asorrypotato

First 2024 announcement - thoughts?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. What are you thoughts on the first lineup poster for Glastonbury 2024?

• I'm impressed!
    • Meh
    • Disappointment

Impressed might be an overstatement perhaps satisfied would be more on the money. I can see objectively that there's less wow factor than recent years but given costs etc I expected that.

I think some budget bookings could actually end up being great moments and I will have plenty to occupy myself.

Remember you can only see one thing at a time anyway.

i guess "meh" is mine - i know its the oldest Glastonbury cliche in the book but the line up is entirely irrelevant to me.

i prefer to have no one i REALLY want to see so that i don't feel like i have to be any specific place at any specific time.

(that doesn't mean i also don't really enjoy moaning about it in the build up 😀)

• Like 1

It's definitely not bad enough to be disappointing, underwhelming or meh would sum it up for me. 

Mostly because the bands I want to see on there I've seen a good few times already and can go see their own shows relatively cheap still. 

It's made me more excited for EOTR and I'll not be disappointed if I lose out on the resale. 

I don't know that many names on the line up, but then I never do as I don't keep up with music these days like I used to in my teens and early 20s. There are a good few that I know and i'll check out though. These days i'm most interested in the late night electronic music/DJ line up so i'm sure i'll be happy.

• Upvote 1

I voted meh. I don't think it's a total disaster like some of the hyperbolic permanently online are declaring, but I can honestly say I'm not arsed by the Pyramid at all. Maybe Shania Twain as Man I Feel Like A Woman is a tune, but that's about it.

There is however quite a lot scattered around everywhere else that, if I had tickets, would keep me entertained, plus I'm sure some secret sets would also do the business.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I don't know that many names on the line up, but then I never do as I don't keep up with music these days like I used to in my teens and early 20s. There are a good few that I know and i'll check out though. These days i'm most interested in the late night electronic music/DJ line up so i'm sure i'll be happy.

I don't like rushing around to see this, that and the other all over the site in the heat either. Quite happy with a headliner I want to see each day, a few must sees dotted around the line up, a load of 'maybe if i'm in the area' acts and a lot of wandering around a chilling wherever I fancy.