Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

39 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think anyone hoping some high Pyramid slots are yet to be announced will be disappointed. They've announced more Pyramid acts on this poster than they ever have before. Even before 2019 when they reduced the number of acts on the Pyramid. They've announced 17 acts on the poster this year and this is how previous years have been:

2023 - 15

2022 - 16

2019 - 16

2017 - 15

I don't think they've left any space this year for any high unannounced acts. Based on patterns from previous years, It would go something like this:

Friday: Dua Lipa, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Cyndi Lauper, Paul Heaton, ayra starr, ?

Saturday: Coldplay, Little simz, Michael Kiwanuka, SEVENTEEN, Keane, Olivia Dean, ?

Sunday: SZA, Burna Boy, Janelle Monae, Shania Twain, Paloma Faith, ?, ?

They made a point of naming the specifying the running order for the top 3 on both the Friday and the Sunday, but only the top 2 on the Saturday - which is why I suspect that the 3rd from top act isn't on the poster.

Don't think it'll be Stevie Nicks though, I reckon KoL "secret set".

7 minutes ago, incident said:

They made a point of naming the specifying the running order for the top 3 on both the Friday and the Sunday, but only the top 2 on the Saturday - which is why I suspect that the 3rd from top act isn't on the poster.

Don't think it'll be Stevie Nicks though, I reckon KoL "secret set".

True but I think the fact that so many acts are now announced for the Pyramid on the poster I can't see where a secret set would fit in.

Think if there's gonna be a "churnups" style one it looks like it'll be 4th down on the Other stage, looks like there's suspiciously little acts announced for that stage on the poster compared to rest of the main stages.

25 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Lauren Laverne confirmed it on the radio with the announcement. 

Emily did on Lauren's show? Or Lauren herself did?

One of those is a confirmation. The other I'll wait and see.

24 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

11 mins in here. Make of it what you will!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001wy37

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Cheers.

Nowhere near enough there for me to consider that a confirmed slot. "Just before" could easily cover 4th from top.

I think there is enough there to believe it. She says just before, had she have used the words 'before', I'd have been less reluctant to believe that. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

At least we know, a little weak though in my view at least. I think that puts a Killers appearance 4th down with Keane 5th provided they are Saturday. 

They'd need to fit in either SEVENTEEN or Cyndi Lauper in that slot on Saturday. There's too much announced on that poster for the Pyramid to fit in any other appearances. Other stage maybe.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Representing K-Pop is my guess.

Aye, seems they're doing pretty well...

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/seventeen-global-best-selling-artist-ifpi/

https://musically.com/2024/02/27/k-pop-stars-seventeen-had-the-biggest-album-of-2023/

This one genuinely has a lot of facts about them (eg apparently write their own songs) ... 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/seventeen-k-pop-glastonbury-154428534.html

On 3/14/2024 at 2:54 PM, Chip Batch said:

Yeah, apparently BC Camplight self-confirmed that he'd be on The Park. Good news.

Someone said James had self-confirmed too. 

I was at the gig where he self-confirmed and I don’t think he actually said the Park, that was just my assumption in the other thread. Now that the poster is out without him on it, I suspect it might be Woodsies or maybe even (hopefully not) low Other, as he’s surely bigger than the smallest announced Park names. We shall see.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 10:33 AM, Lushroom said:

Busted! Genuinely disappointed they're missing, fingers crossed for them to come later on.

A fellow poster of class I see! 😄 

I would still be shocked if they aren't there, wonder if they could be headlining Avalon on the Sunday? They can't play any other day as they have gigs Friday and Saturday elsewhere. Saturday is only in London though so hardly far to travel for the Sunday.

We pray.

4 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

Oh I wasn't aware. Care to elaborate about what you know?

i forget the deets now, but i think its in the public domain, prodigy haven't been a regular booking for an act of their size, there  was maybe a public complaint from the band about not getting booked when they were at their peak, or a public complaint about the fee they got when they have been booked, but they've never been cosy friends with the festival (as the few bookings over the years suggests).

• Thanks 1