Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

With a potentially less hyped pyramid then other years there might well be knock on effects down the line up. Who on the line up can you already see issues for? 

Jamie XX headlining the tent seems at obvious one for me. Potentially Peggy Gou in the park as well. 

Predicting that Barry Can't Swim is going to be absolutely rammed as well, similar type of crowd/ growing hype to Fred Again but much lower on the line up. 

Then you have the ones who'll build momentum over the next few months... 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Sugababes as well if it’s a situation like TLC in 2022 where the competition is Robert Plant and Supergrass. 

Can’t believe they haven’t learned their lesson from TLC, especially as Sugababes was the reason they had to stop under billing acts. Field is gonna be rammed. 

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Can’t believe they haven’t learned their lesson from TLC, especially as Sugababes was the reason they had to stop under billing acts. Field is gonna be rammed. 

West Holts was not rammed for TLC. We had plenty of space to dance, and that was in a spot with a good view too.

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

The placement of several acts in 2023 - and Keane this year - would suggest the rap on the knuckles they get from the authorities for 2022 had an effect, so not sure how the ‘Babes slipped through the net. Can only assume they’re going to clash with someone big on the P. 

Just now, smogo said:

West Holts was not rammed for TLC. We had plenty of space to dance, and that was in a spot with a good view too.

People must’ve stopped around the edges of the field then as there was a massive crush/blockage trying to get past or in to the field.

• Upvote 1

Justice seems like its going be very very busy. considering how legendary their 2017 set was and the acts playing opposite... closing night.... i mean... i hope they got alot of crowd control .

4 minutes ago, smogo said:

One of only two times in 20 years of going that I thought this is a bit dangerous. The other being Example last year.

4 minutes ago, smogo said:

What spot was that in?

The crowd at TLC is the worst I've ever been in at Glastonbury and was rightfully called out for being unsafe, just look back at the threads on here. I can only assume you found a strange oasis, or were really close and benefitted from people being unable to filter in

3 minutes ago, jamieroser said:

Avril Lavigne early evening on the other stage feels like it'll be rammed! 

Maybe it's just because she was big when I was growing up...

Another one which depends on clashes. If there’s an overlap with Shania it’ll be fine.  

2 minutes ago, jamieroser said:

Avril Lavigne early evening on the other stage feels like it'll be rammed! 

Maybe it's just because she was big when I was growing up...

Other stage is normally big enough to deal with it tbf. I remember Liam Gallagher playing his first show back there in 2017 (?) and it was rammed but not unsafe. 

Park can be blocked off as well (Foals secret set etc.) but the tents, pyramid (no candidates this year I dont think) and smaller stages less so! 

2 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

One of only two times in 20 years of going that I thought this is a bit dangerous. The other being Example last year.

I've been to 100s of gigs and a fair few festivals, and Example last year was the only time I've ever been concerned about my safety at a show. Absolutely mental cowd numbers, was genuinely quite scary

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

What spot was that in?

The crowd at TLC is the worst I've ever been in at Glastonbury and was rightfully called out for being unsafe, just look back at the threads on here. I can only assume you found a strange oasis, or were really close and benefitted from people being unable to filter in

I've checked my Whatsapp messages for this: "just to the right of the sound desk - near the disabled viewing platform".

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TLC was very busy - but not unsafe.

Huge difference between the two.

I would consider women with babies in prams being shoved into bushes, and needed circles formed around them to leave the area, unsafe. 

No point dragging up what was massive thread, but if ground conditions were bad that would have been a disaster 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was there and left afterwards? Seemed OK. Not disputing the large numbers, but it's a field with some huge exits so it emptied out slowly but steadily 

Look, everyone has their own experiences, so not disputing your comments. But it was gridlocked for a good 5 minutes at the back of the field. The problem being that while there is a good number of exits, the location of WH means that you don’t want to take the wrong exit to your next act, as correcting that mistake will be a long walk. Some people on the left wanted to go right and vice versa, plus with good weather comes people sat on the floor, so it can funnel crowds. Coupled with a lot of curious late(r) arrivals and it was pretty dense round the edges. Anyway, just my observation.