Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

There was at least one person from OOF there who passed on info - can’t speak for the other places, but tbf once it’s out there it’s out there and we know certain places (like NME) peruse here for info so not too surprising to see it out there already. 

OOF are reporting 3 female headlineres in either 2025 or 2026, unless I dropped into a coma whilst EE said that I think that's been misquoted.

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

99.9 sure she just said 'line up' 

I took that as initial poster drop with the big names then the full thing will follow in May or whenever it usually arrives.

My OH was there and later texted (slightly confusingly) "2 female headliners, shed next week". So I assume he heard it as poster drop. Or we have a garden shed being delivered next week. 

2 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

My OH was there and later texted (slightly confusingly) "2 female headliners, shed next week". So I assume he heard it as poster drop. Or we have a garden shed being delivered next week. 

EE simply said 'the line up will be out next week'  

Which day that will be is anyone's guess!

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

Will SZA be the Friday? Usually put an act like Coldplay or Dua Lipa on the Sunday for the locals / TV audience. 

i don't think the tv audience is part of the thinking when booking acts. if someone can be booked as a headliner they're already tv interesting by default.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It'll be the poster 

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

first poster most likely ... too early to panic yet 

Thought so. Someone else who was there put "full line up". That woulda been crazy. I'm not gonna be opening Clash Finder without a ticket 😢 

10 minutes ago, clasher said:

1) She was talking about hoping to have "2 female headliners" before, the consensus here was that she was including the legends slot.

was that the consensus? Don't see why it would be, it makes 0 sense

14 minutes ago, clasher said:

but none as concrete as to say we *know* there's three female headliners.

I'm saying there isn't 3 female headliners there are 2 as emily said today, and the legend who is also female by the looks of things. 

When she says headliner she means headliner

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thought so. Someone else who was there put "full line up". That woulda been crazy. I'm not gonna be opening Clash Finder without a ticket 😢 

To clarify I said full lineup when she actually said "we've still got 2 female headliners and we're announcing the lineup next week"

Stands to reason it will be the initial poster, as it has been for the last few years, then full lineup in May. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

2024: SZA / Dua Lipa / Coldplay 

2025: Olivia Rodrigo / Taylor Swift / Rihanna

2026: Raye / Madonna / Beyonce 

2027: Boygenius / Adele / Lady Gaga 

As a 61 year old male can I just say that I would be well up for this. 
Might be at another stage for Madonna and Gaga but I would probably be at the Pyramid for more headliners than usual if this happens 

31 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Why would Stevie Nicks bring booked hold up the lineup announcement? 

Stevie could give us the weather forecast!!! 😛 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't see them doing a year of all American headliners.

I reckon Taylor Swift wouldn't do next year after a full 2 years of touring. Raye could end up doing next year too. Can see her doing a bit of a stormzy.

1 minute ago, tarw said:

As a 61 year old male can I just say that I would be well up for this. 
Might be at another stage for Madonna and Gaga but I would probably be at the Pyramid for more headliners than usual if this happens 

Aye, I'd be at a lot of those. Some crackers. 

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Isn't he a manager of some acts? Might have done her a favour and got someone in? Work out who he’s connected to!

he was - i was told a couple of years ago that he's given all those other bits up.

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

May as well make it the first all female festival. If your going to over compensate then go all the way 🙂

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

was that the consensus? Don't see why it would be, it makes 0 sense

I'm saying there isn't 3 female headliners there are 2 as emily said today, and the legend who is also female by the looks of things. 

When she says headliner she means headliner

OK let's not get bogged down on semantics and what might or might not be the consensus. 

The fact is Emily's been trying to pass off either the legends slot or Lizzo for that matter as basically headliners before. Specifically because of gender balance. 

Now in any other circumstance I'd agree with you that saying headliners means actual headliners. Three of them, topping El Pointo.

In this specific case however I think what she said might well mean 2 female headliners out of the 3, but could also mean 2 out of the 3 plus legend, or two out of the 4 in a lizzo kind-of-but-not-really co-headline thing.