UK Politics

kalifire

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

so does that explain the chuckle brothers bit?

No cos that was a separate sentence and not one you asked about.

If you recall the Chuckle Brothers worked as  a Team, always there together supporting each other and backing each other up.

From my very first day posting in here as soon as you dare to question anything Labour says or does not do then you get the twin attack from your good self and Ozanne - aka in my world as the Chuckle Brothers.

Hope that explains it all................................

To you

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No cos that was a separate sentence and not one you asked about.

If you recall the Chuckle Brothers worked as  a Team, always there together supporting each other and backing each other up.

From my very first day posting in here as soon as you dare to question anything Labour says or does not do then you get the twin attack from your good self and Ozanne - aka in my world as the Chuckle Brothers.

Hope that explains it all................................

To you

ok, I hear you (plural).

Twats.

guys calm it down please its sat night and the sun is out . agree to disagree . whats everyones plans for the eve ? im watching football and going up and down spreadsheets ready for resale tomorrow ... anyone else trying ? 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

guys calm it down please its sat night and the sun is out . agree to disagree . whats everyones plans for the eve ? im watching football and going up and down spreadsheets ready for resale tomorrow ... anyone else trying ? 

we might.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

whats everyones plans for the eve ? im watching football and going up and down spreadsheets ready for resale tomorrow ... anyone else trying ? 

Reported - off topic 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Neil said:

No sign of old bill hundreds of people and some very loud sound systems 

We drove through Eastville recently on the way down to St Marks Road, past the skate place under the M32.  There was a massive crowd of youngsters, a banging sound system playing and a skunk smell strong enough you could smell it in the car as we drove past 😂

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

We drove through Eastville recently on the way down to St Marks Road, past the skate place under the M32.  There was a massive crowd of youngsters, a banging sound system playing and a skunk smell strong enough you could smell it in the car as we drove past 😂

guess that was those caravan people parked at the back of ikea having a bit of fun.

Bristol old bill are so cool. 🙂 

i once had a copper knock on my door after I'd just finished a spliff and asked me if I'd seen drug dealing from any of the nearby houses i said no (cos ihadn't) but did say i smoked the occasional spliff (cos i thought she'd be smelling it.)and she didn't flinch.

since I've lived here I've known of three shops that sell weed over the counter.

• Upvote 1

the "openly Jewish" row, some people just exist to take offence.

he had chosen to dress in an identifiably Jewish manner: he probably wanted to be recognised as Jewish to take offense cos that happened is ridiculous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68856360

Edited by Neil

heres one for the Starmer haters who won't be telling us how much he hates this Starmer policy position David Lammy (hardly a right-winger) said : "Our guiding light will be progressive realism"

HOW WOULD UNREALISM BE BETTER? 😛 

Edited by Neil

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

heres one for the Starmer haters who won't be telling us how much he hates this Starmer policy position David Lammy (hardly a right-winger) said : "Our guiding light will be progressive realism"

HOW WOULD UNREALISM BE BETTER? 😛 

I prefer progressive surrealism.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

now sunak wants to force the disabled back to work without anything to help them do it

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/21/help-disabled-people-england-wales-jobs-axed-benefits-crackdown

Just some more divisive rhetoric from our failed unelected prime minister. He hasn’t got time to make any reforms like this. 

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's all next parliament stuff anyway, right?

He’s not stupid enough to think he’ll have a next parliament. It’s all about stoking things up and making it more difficult for Labour to have any meaningful impact in their first term. 

Sky News have released a longer video of what happened in London - it is amazing how different a story looks when you get more context....................... I wonder how the many MP's who have condemned the Met Police over this will now react? Probably they will say nothing.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-footage-reveals-new-details-of-exchange-between-police-and-antisemitism-campaigner-called-openly-jewish-13120104

21 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sky News have released a longer video of what happened in London - it is amazing how different a story looks when you get more context....................... I wonder how the many MP's who have condemned the Met Police over this will now react? Probably they will say nothing.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-footage-reveals-new-details-of-exchange-between-police-and-antisemitism-campaigner-called-openly-jewish-13120104

I don't know...it still looks dodge. Feel for the plod bloke a bit though as he was just trying to prevent anyone getting hurt. Whole thing this is sh*t, nuke the lot I reckon, from the river to the sea.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

it's all next parliament stuff anyway, right?

the cost of mental health disabilities is astounding, need to find more for the physically disabled,  numbers of which will increase rapidly with an aging population, as more oldies get hit by strokes as i was - one in three people suffer a stroke, strokes are biggest cause of later life disability - that's where the crisis is, it  can be lessened by prescribing statins to the over 50s. they're dirt cheap, and with no side effects I've noticed, reduces cholesterol, quite nicely too.(I think that might be starmer's plan, think it might be a problem with docs who aren't meant to proscribe without an ailment.)

reckon that if you asked your doc for them he'd/she'd prescribe them.