UK Politics

kalifire

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

where's this from ? would be great to get a decent result at Glastonbury ... wouldn't quite make up for the Brexit vote though 

Not sure I'd like that you know, hate politics taking over in an overt way beyond the messaging - its the chanting I don't like. oh jeremy corbyn, f**k the tories etc did/does my head in at gigs. Though not as bad as groups of guys bursting into "Will Grieg's on fire" every 2 minutes that year...

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not sure I'd like that you know, hate politics taking over in an overt way beyond the messaging - its the chanting I don't like. oh jeremy corbyn, f**k the tories etc did/does my head in at gigs. Though not as bad as groups of guys bursting into "Will Grieg's on fire" every 2 minutes that year...

Think it might lift the mood but not be a massive influence on things generally . Doubt you’d get much more of that stuff than in a normal year tbh it does have its political areas anyway 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Think it might lift the mood but not be a massive influence on things generally . Doubt you’d get much more of that stuff than in a normal year tbh it does have its political areas anyway 

Imagine the mood if the Tories won.

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah would be grim ... but really not seeing that happening 

Which is what most said about Brexit and that  morning at GF was grim and then some.

An election whose results we hear then is not something I want to experience again

17 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I always said it would be May...................... until they delayed the 3rd reading of the Rwanda bill til after Easter.

They are using that bill as part of when it will be, pass the bill, get a plane off the ground with one person on it and call the election.

tories have said "in the autumn" tonight.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Why do politicians feel the need to ram 'patriotism' down our throats or use it as something that shows them to be great?

its an attempt at making clear that they're working for the people of this county, no one wants their leaders to put others first.

22 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

They should put the EU flag on the flyers instead.

which is why that would be a bad idea!

1 minute ago, Neil said:

its an attempt at making clear that they're working for the people of this county, no one wants their leaders to put others first.

But who are "the people of this country"?

Because personally, I get on edge around people/places waving Union Jacks and St George Flags around.

• Upvote 2