UK Politics

kalifire

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Quite deranged behaviour how much you bring up things like the Greens totally unprompted because you have nothing interesting to say.

Careful to never post images like this cos it may cause other visitors to this page to go into full meltdown 😉

Scottish Green Party conference - BBC News

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Careful to never post images like this cos it may cause other visitors to this page to go into full meltdown 😉

Scottish Green Party conference - BBC News

Yeah anyone in Scotland. Subjected to green party ideas. How are they workingboutvNot popular I've read. They're killing support for independence.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Surprised this story did not get posted here last night. I do wonder how fast Labour will start to break into different groups and fight each other once (if) elected

Twenty Lancashire councillors have resigned their Labour memberships in protest over the party's leadership.

The councillors each sit on Pendle Borough Council, Nelson Town Council or Brierfield Town Council.

They claim Sir Keir Starmer's leadership no longer reflects their views and say they will now serve as independents.

The Labour Party said its focus was on winning the next general election.

I assume this is about Israel/Gaza.

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Assume all you want - they made no specific comments apart from what was posted.

Perhaps they are not keen on a Labour Party that is more similar to the Tories than it once was?

Most members are happy with Starmer

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/01/four-in-five-labour-members-back-keir-starmer-showing-rout-of-the-corbynites

Assume all you want - they made no specific comments apart from what was posted.

Perhaps they are not keen on a Labour Party that is more similar to the Tories than it once was?

Kind of suggests in article on guardian website it is about Israel.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

Does not mean that 20 councillors have not just resigned as they are not happy with him............................ but any business that has a 20% dissatisfaction rate is a failing business............... not that politics is a business.

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Does not mean that 20 councillors have not just resigned as they are not happy with him............................ but any business that has a 20% dissatisfaction rate is a failing business............... not that politics is a business.

From the Guardian it sounds like they were told to stick to the party line or be deselected so they jumped before they were pushed.

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Do you ever even consider for a second that you should fact check something before posting it here. Look at the polls you clown. you are so wrong all the time it's hilarious

support for the snp has tanked.so say the polls, who reckon there'll be far fewer snp mp's at the general election. scots are not impressed with how scots are governing scots.

fact checked at indy supporting media "wings over scotland", who used to swallow everything indy, they've suddenly found a brain and voice to be critical. 

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

20240401_231120.jpg

Interesting summary, I like a good graphic.

Surprised there isn't a little red man going over to Reform. I have a few friends and relatives in Red Wall seats who now eat up reform messages. I guess it just means that the ex labour people that Johnson got to vote tory in 2019 are now planning to vote reform rather than go back to labour and that reform's popularity isn't attracting any fresh labour voters.

5 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

reform's popularity isn't attracting any fresh labour voters.

they're pretty quiet at the moment, reckon they'll make some progress when they start campaigning, even on these forums there's been one or two who trot out a view of the world according to kippers(i see the kipper stuff early on, cos of my hardcore kipper cousin)- he used to be a merchant seaman, captain - i keep asking him if his favourite parts were passport and customs checks. his daughters aren't impressed by him, and reckon that bit of suffolk is full of kippers (if she gets chatted up, the guy has kipper views, etc). i take the piss out of my cousin all the time,  reckon i'm close to seriously offending him, but trying not to cross that line, his other daughter's husband facebook friend requested me, i checked his profile, was much too kipper for me, i refused the request.

15 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Interesting summary, I like a good graphic.

Surprised there isn't a little red man going over to Reform. I have a few friends and relatives in Red Wall seats who now eat up reform messages. I guess it just means that the ex labour people that Johnson got to vote tory in 2019 are now planning to vote reform rather than go back to labour and that reform's popularity isn't attracting any fresh labour voters.

People are on a journey from Labour to reform via Tory .

55 minutes ago, Neil said:

support for the snp has tanked.so say the polls, who reckon there'll be far fewer snp mp's at the general election. scots are not impressed with how scots are governing scots.

you said they'd killed support for independence. Show me how you reached this conclusion? You're moving the goalposts now.

56 minutes ago, Neil said:

fact checked at indy supporting media "wings over scotland", who used to swallow everything indy, they've suddenly found a brain and voice to be critical. 

wingsoverscotland 🤣🤣 he is still pro-indy it's just he hates sturgeon and trans people and loves salmond so jumped ship to Alba 

You demonstrate time and time again that you have literally 0 clue re Scottish politics. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Neil said:

as i see you've already noticed that unemployment had reduced from its worst, the result was that things felt less grim when she left office than they'd done during much of her time in office (unless in Scotland  I saw someone  claim. 😛)

You named one thing that was listed on the source I included and stated you were wrong.  Your anecdotal experience did not a summer make. 

On 4/1/2024 at 6:30 PM, Ommadawn said:

No Labour government has ever left office with unemployment lower than at the start of their term.

On the other hand, the highest ever rates of unemployment have happened under the tories. 

On 4/1/2024 at 4:30 PM, lazyred said:

Despite all the above, the Tories kept winning elections. The left has never had a solution. All they did was blame Murdoch, dismiss the voters for  and denounce the one Labour leader who won an election. 

That last point, let's not let you pretend this is their fickle supporters.

I think for most folks despite countless great things they did he's been denounced by most because in spite of the biggest march in UK history they invaded Iraq and caused hundreds of thousands of casualties. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You named one thing that was listed on the source I included and stated you were wrong.  Your anecdotal experience did not a summer make. 

the main point of my anecdotal was that things didn't feel as grim because some things auch as the ability to get a job  had improved, & the data backs that up , i wasn't trying to claim that everyone had it rosey, 

mostly that not everywhere was like the worst unemployment black spots, the south was  very different because there weren't one horse towns with failing industries employing thousands of workers.

there were no shipyards, coal mines, or car factories in the south.

12 minutes ago, clarkete said:

On the other hand, the highest ever rates of unemployment have happened under the tories. 

yep, where they got elected blaming labour for high unemployment "labour isn't working". just noticed your location says "north of bristol", which hell hole of stoke do you live-in, i'm joining you up there in 2 weeks.

Just three of the many UK Shipyard Locations 1980's in Southern England

Hythe, Portsmouth, Southampton

Just three of the many Coal Mines closed in the 1980's in Southern England
Betteshanger, Kent, Snowdown, Kent, Tilmanstone, Kent

Just three of the many car factories in Southern England in the 80's

MG, Abingdon, Aston Martin Milton Keyes, Ford Dagenham and in case you don't count MK as south, Ford Southampton

Still. Who needs facts

• Upvote 1

Just three of the many UK Shipyard Locations 1980's in Southern England

Hythe, Portsmouth, Southampton

Just three of the many Coal Mines closed in the 1980's in Southern England
Betteshanger, Kent, Snowdown, Kent, Tilmanstone, Kent

Just three of the many car factories in Southern England in the 80's

MG, Abingdon, Aston Martin Milton Keyes, Ford Dagenham and in case you don't count MK as south, Ford Southampton

Still. Who needs facts

Facts like them being nothing like the massive(British shipbuilding)  yards up north, your research is a bit sh*t as you missed the biggest covered shipbuilding yard at appledore.

Ford Southampton was transit vans and a much less dominant employer than ford in other locations.

The Milton Keynes car factories didn't account for kuchbemploymentz there's probably more jobs in the nearby formula one factories.

Edited by Neil