UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

what is TOS?

Indeed - what is TOS? 

To be fair to Neil though, if he just banned people he didn't like when he was the boss, I'd probably have been up for the chop. 

38 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Bet we won't see the £180 though.

I always wonder about this. Our generated power is always sold to us at market rates. Are Labour saying they will cap domestic electricity prices even if global energy costs rise?

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The metric I run such things against is that used for Anti-Sematism.

If Anderson had said the same about an Jewish mayor being controlled by Jewish people then that would be Anti-Sematism and there would have been immediate sackings and nobody at all would back away from saying what it was.

So using that same metric to see if he was Islamaphobic, then yes, 100% he was.

Sadly these 'rules' are only used for one bigotry tendancy and not all.

What about "given renminbi" and "funded by Fu Manchu"?

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

suprised its taken this long , so if he jumps to reform does it mean another by election ?

No, MPs can switch party without triggering a by-election.

Which is one of many things that need to be changed within the electoral reform banner.

Just now, kaosmark2 said:

Which is one of many things that need to be changed within the electoral reform banner.

so would it not make sense to withdraw whip ? can that not force one ? surely theres ways .... I guess Bridgen is still sat there as an independent 

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

what is TOS?

the other site, they were alternative Glastonbury forums, which didn't last as the idiots ruined them. i didn't tolerate idiots here, which is why here has lasted.

post office fighting like rats in a sack, trying to not let the blame settle on them. looks like the govt is trying to shift the blame from them. as owner, the govt has the blame.

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so would it not make sense to withdraw whip ? can that not force one ? surely theres ways .... I guess Bridgen is still sat there as an independent 

He’s has the whip withdrawn already, he’s technically an independent MP. 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nope. It has to be triggered by either by the MP, or by a recall petition from constituents.

Just now, Ozanne said:

He’s has the whip withdrawn already, he’s technically an independent MP. 

surely they can force a by election somehow and remove him but I guess thats really not in the Tory party interests at the moment , having him in reform might be better 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

surely they can force a by election somehow and remove him but I guess thats really not in the Tory party interests at the moment , having him in reform might be better 

Sadly not, constituents can only force a by-election via a recall petition in very specific circumstances such as a suspension of more than 10 days. Switching parties isn’t one of those reasons. It’s pretty silly. 

16 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

i agree it needs sorting, but with the current system, the idea is  that the individual is elected to exercise their personal judgement* and it's not the party that's elected.

(*rather than unthinkingly following the party line like a sheep -it's just the SNP who does that),