5 places in worthy view tents

Fabulousfab

27 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I wonder how much a 4m x 2m space with loads of headroom, totally water proof, off-ground, wood burner, cooker with oven, grill and two hobs, double bed, interior LED lighting, double USB charger point, plenty of storage space and two seat sofa would be worth.

Depends on the location and views.

14 minutes ago, Franky said:

Ooooooooo in which case 

who the f**k pays £1200 for a f**king tent ??????? 

A tent that you don't get to keep!

Use of a tent for 5 nights... crazy crazy world.

5 minutes ago, Crouchinho76 said:

What's the policy on farting for this tent share? 

farting, music, sleeping times, visitors, cleaning rota, promiscuity...

so many things to think about! 

17 minutes ago, Franky said:

Ooooooooo in which case 

who the f**k pays £1200 for a f**king tent ??????? 

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it? 

I think of it like a holiday so for somewhere pre - erected to stay I thought of a bunkpad (as I have with rented caravans) like holiday accommodation.  In our case we were in our 50s and getting a coach so there were several factors - access to lovely bogs and showers, not needing to find a camping spot, finally the bunkpad included bunk beds so I didn't need to carry airbed or rollmat from coach park to WV. 

So it was the price of doing the fest. Compared to skip I have neither the time, space or inclination to build and maintain a van - it simply wouldn't get used more than once a year so wouldn't be viable. 

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Edge of the SE corner, about 50 metres from the Stone Circle field.

Views not too brilliant though, unless you like hedges.

Superb location but I feel there may be some right of way issues when getting to the property if the tenant isn't a Dragon Field volunteer! 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't see the maths there. Surely the OP is just saying that it's £200 each - which includes himself paying £200?

@Fabulousfab  - I am just wondering what possessed you to book this in the first place?

I presume if they're French then they may be travelling some distance and therefore it's not practical to bring loads of camping gear?

As I recall when we were in WV there was a group of Spanish women staying there, who I presume did similar. 

Better than buying gear and abandoning it there imho

2 hours ago, Fabulousfab said:

ok 🙂  As I am french, I may not have the nuance for "promiscuity", but I feel, seeing your answer, this is not good...

well I was trying to say I try to resell some place in a tent too big and too expensive for me, or I will have to let it go before the expiration date

You have quite a few months to refund it. So hang in for the moment? And go for a smaller tent in the resale in april. If u get one cash one of them in. For now, I would suggest trying to just sell the 3 man space.(but then you are committed. Don't forget). Not sure u will have much luck with the one shared with you. Although to be fare, you might be the frençh equivalent of Brad Pitt. (Maybe Jean Paul Belondo?) . The other option? Pack a tent and get in the thick of the camping fields. Tell everyone you are french and need help in this strange Glastonbury place. Bon Vacance! 

@Yoghurt on a Stick :

we are a bunch of friends (english friends, I am the only french) and we booked several  tents and tipis, and unfortunately, I got the last one almost empty (with one friend that won't finally won't be able to come)

so I have the choice: either  keep it  and try to resell some place, or let it go,  but I am quite agree with the comments, I should probably let it go and try to get another one smaller.

@clarkete, Yes if I can avoid bringing all gear, it is simpler

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fabulousfab said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick :

we are a bunch of friends (english friends, I am the only french) and we booked several  tents and tipis, and unfortunately, I got the last one almost empty (with one friend that won't finally won't be able to come)

so I have the choice: either  keep it  and try to resell some place, or let it go,  but I am quite agree with the comments, I should probably let it go and try to get another one smaller.

Well, you have a bit of time. Think refunds available until May? Try for a 2 min in April resale

35 minutes ago, Fabulousfab said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick :

Thanks for filling in the details.  In 2022 I booked a bell tent, when I would have preferred a different type. 

After the ticket resale there were accommodation resales and I eventually got what I wanted in April. 

They allowed me to cancel the unwanted bell tent and only charged a 20 pounds admin fee (so likely a bit higher now, but much better than 1000 pounds) 

For the resale it's important to keep an eye out for the date, as different ones appear more than others - although two person bell rents usually appear more than many options 😊

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fabulousfab said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick :

Thanks for the explanation. I can stop scratching my head now, as to how this came about. 

Good luck with getting a 2 person tent, and have a fab festival.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

A pretty depressing thread all round, but the positive I'm taking from it is that at least @clarketeshowed some balls.  It's surprising how few will do the right thing in the face of a sniggering clique, desperate to impress internet strangers by joining in the newbie abuse.

I guess it's possible (at a stretch, in my opinion) to consider a very small percentage of the posts to be 'abusive' However, the much greater percentage go off on a tangent away from the content of the original post. or are serious questions.on the content of the post. I don't see a ' sniggering clique, desperate to impress internet strangers by joining in the newbie abuse'

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I guess it's possible (at a stretch, in my opinion) to consider a very small percentage of the posts to be 'abusive' However, the much greater percentage go off on a tangent away from the content of the original post. or are serious questions.on the content of the post. I don't see a ' sniggering clique, desperate to impress internet strangers by joining in the newbie abuse'

I don't think anyone does apart from Mr Grumpy lol

55 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

A pretty depressing thread all round, but the positive I'm taking from it is that at least @clarketeshowed some balls.  It's surprising how few will do the right thing in the face of a sniggering clique, desperate to impress internet strangers by joining in the newbie abuse.

I see several posts advising the original poster that their idea is a bad one, along with some jokes about the practicalities of sharing a tent with other random strangers. 

9 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Hey steady on, I haven't spent twenty odd years here building a reputation for being a bit of a tw*t only for you to undermine it with lavish praise 😱